英语小达人 126 Son-in-law
英语课
Son-in-law
女婿
A very successful businessman had a meeting with his new son-in-law. “I love my daughter, and now I welcome you into the family,” remarked the guy.
有个事业很成功的商人见了他的新女婿后对他说:“我很爱我女儿,欢迎你成为家族的一分子。”
“To welcome you into the family, I'm making you a 50-50 partner in my business.”
“为了表示我的诚意,我让你成为我事业的另一半合伙人。”
“All you have to do is pick up parts and deliver them to the clients 1.”
“你只要负责带着零件,送到客户那边就行了。”
The son-in-law interrupted 2, “I hate driving. I can't stand the noise.”
女婿打岔道:“我讨厌开车,受不了噪声。”
“I see,” replied the father-in-law 3. “Well, then you'll work in the factory and learn the ropes there.”
“我懂。”岳父回答:“那好,你去工厂工作,学点相关诀窍也不错。”
“I hate factories,” remarked the son-inlaw. “I can't stand being stuck in one place all day.”
“我讨厌工厂,”女婿回答:“我受不了整天困在同一个地方。”
“Hey,” remarked the father-in-law. “I just make you half-owner of a moneymaking business, but you don't like to drive a truck and won't work in the factory. What am I going to do with you?”
“喂,”岳父说:“你刚成为一个赚钱事业的半个老板,可是你既不喜欢开卡车又不喜欢到工厂工作。那你要我怎么办?”
“Easy,” said the young guy. “Buy me out.”
“简单,”年轻人说:“把我那一半买回去得了。”
n.顾客( client的名词复数 );当事人;诉讼委托人;[计算机]客户端
- a lawyer with many famous clients 拥有许多著名委托人的律师
- She understood the importance of establishing a close rapport with clients. 她懂得与客户建立密切和谐的关系的重要性。
n.岳父,公公
- He met his future father-in-law during his visit to Boston.他在波士顿小住期间遇见了他未来的岳父。
- His father-in-law is a plantation manager.他岳父是个种植园经营者。