时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE
A  加州的资讯王办公室 


【另一张绿色便条纸】


 


Zina:  Dave! Look at this!


吉娜:         戴夫!你看这个!


 


Dave:  You don't have to yell, Zina. I'm just one 1) cubicle 1 away.


戴夫:         你不必用喊的,吉娜。我才离你一个隔间而已。


 


Zina:  Somebody left another green post-it note.


吉娜:         有人留了另一张绿色便条纸。


 


Dave:  Was it your "humba boy" again?


戴夫:         又是你那个伦巴男孩啊?


 


Zina:           It says, "You look so 2) frail 2, / but I know you're tough like a nail. / To me, you are more beautiful than free e-mail."


吉娜:         上面写着:你看来娇柔,但我知道你如钢铁般强韧。对我来说,你比免费的伊妹儿还要讨人喜欢。


 


Dave:  Wow. He really likes you, doesn't he?


戴夫:  哇,他还真喜欢你,不是吗




语言详解


 


A: Brian went off in class and yelled at the teacher.


   布莱恩在课堂上情绪失控还对老师大喊。


 


B: That guy is totally out of control.


   那家伙真是 完全失去控制了。


 


doesn't he? 不是吗?】


 


这是所谓附加疑问句,是添加在句末的问句,是为了确定自己讯息正确或为了得到对方的赞同。肯定附加疑问句希望得到否定回答,否定附加疑问句希望获得肯定回答。


 


A: This is the book that you want,isn't it?


     这是你要的那本书,不是吗?


B: Yes, it is.


     正是。


 


A: You don't like coffee, do you?


     你不喜欢咖啡,是吗?


B: No, I don't.


     对,我不喜欢。


 


1cubicle (n.) (办公室) 隔间


2)  frail  (a.) 柔弱的



n.大房间中隔出的小室
  • She studies in a cubicle in the school library.她在学校图书馆的小自习室里学习。
  • A technical sergeant hunches in a cubicle.一位技术军士在一间小屋里弯腰坐着。
adj.身体虚弱的;易损坏的
  • Mrs. Warner is already 96 and too frail to live by herself.华纳太太已经九十六岁了,身体虚弱,不便独居。
  • She lay in bed looking particularly frail.她躺在床上,看上去特别虚弱。
学英语单词