我能跟你说些私事吗?
SCENE① A 吉娜与玛莉同坐在飞往洛城的班机上
【我能跟你说些私事吗?】
Mary: Zina, can I talk to you about something 1) personal 1?
玛莉: 吉娜,我能跟你说些私事吗?
Zina: As 2 long as it doesn't take too long.
吉娜: 只要不太花时间就可以。
Mary: My boyfriend 3 says I work too much. That I spend more time with you than with him.
玛莉: 我男朋友说我工作太拼命了。说我跟你相处的时间都比跟他多。
Zina: Was 4 he 2) upset 5 when you told him you had 6 to leave this weekend?
吉娜: 你跟他说这周末你得去外地时,他有不爽吗?
Mary: He said 7 not to 3) bother 8 coming back. And I said, "fine, I won't."
玛莉: 他说不劳我再回去了。我就说:“好,我就不回来。”
Zina: So what's the problem 9?
吉娜: 那这有什么问题?
语言详解
A: Don't bother buying me a present. I hate 10 birthdays.
不用费心帮我买礼物了。我讨厌生日。
B: Too late. I already 11 bought you one.
来不及了。我已经帮你买了。
【don't bother 别费事,不劳】
don't bother后面可以接四种不同的结构:
1. -ing: Don't bother coming back.
2. 不定词:Don't bother to come back.
3. yourself 12 + -ing: Don't bother yourself coming back.
4. yorself + 不定词:Don't bother yourself to come back.
以上四句都正确,但以(1)及(2)两句较普遍。
A: When is your plane tomorrow? I would 13 like to see you off 14 at the airport.
你明天班机是几时?我想要到机场给你送行。
B: Thanks. But don't bother to come to the airport.
谢了。但请不要麻烦跑一趟机场。
1) ersonal (a.) 私人的
2) upset (a.) 感到不爽的,生气的
3) bother (v.) 费心,麻烦
- It's a personal letter.这是私人信件。
- I don't want to have a hand in his personal affairs.我不愿意过问他个人的事。
- He got work in a hotel as a waiter.他在一家旅馆找到了当服务生的工作。
- In the hotel,the old men were drinking away as usual.在旅馆里,这些老人和往常一样喝个不停。
- The girl was so angry that she hung up on her boyfriend.那姑娘一气之下挂断了男朋友的电话。
- My boyfriend gathered some beautiful flowers for me. 我的男朋友为我采来一些美丽的花。
- I just had a good idea!我有个好主意!
- The boy had a small branch of a tree in his hand.这个男孩手上拿一条小树枝。
- He said to me that he could not come.他对我说他不能来。
- He said to his mother that he would do it by himself.他对他的母亲说他将自己独立做那件事。
- Don't bother about getting dinner for me.别为我做饭麻烦了。
- You needn't bother to lock the door.你不用费心去锁门。
- The problem is ongoing.这个问题尚未解决。
- This problem is too hard for me to solve.这个问题太难,我解决不了。
- We hate our enemy.我们憎恨敌人。
- Snakes are my special hate.蛇是我最憎恶的东西。
- We have eaten already.我们已经吃过了。
- I've been there already,so I don't want to go again.我早已去过那里了,所以我不想再去了。
- I need you to do it yourself.我要你亲自做。
- Late again,Tom?I hope you can explain yourself.汤姆,又迟到了?我希望你能说明理由。
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?