时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE③ B  ?吉娜到了自己的隔间


【他会改变主意的】


 


Zina:  He's going to change his mind. The 1) reinforcements will be here first thing tomorrow.


吉娜:         他会改变主意的。救火队明天一大早就会来。


 


Dave:  Are you serious? How? How did you 2) manage that?


戴夫:         你是认真的吗?怎么?你是怎么办到的?


 


Zina:           I worked a little deal with Vikam.


吉娜:         我跟维康做了点小交易。


 


Dave:  The 3) venture 1 capitalists? When have you had time to talk to them?


戴夫:         投资方?你哪来的时间跟他们说?


 


Zina:  We had breakfast this morning.


吉娜:         我们今天吃了早饭。


 


Dave:  Geez. Does Vince know about this?


戴夫:         天啊。文斯知道这档事吗?


 


语言详解


 


A: Why do you look so serious?


    你怎么一副正经八百的样子?


 


B: I'm thinking! Don't bother me!


    我在想事情!别烦我!


 


first thing tomorrow 明天赶办】


 


当他人有事情交代的时候,为了表明自己不会拖延,会尽速办理,你就可以用上这句短语first thing tomorrow,好让对方安心。当然由于事情的轻重缓急有所不同,赶办的时间也可以视情况而代换,好比first thing in the morning一早赶办first thing Monday周一赶办等等。


 


A: When are you going to start working on this project?


     你何时会开始进行这个计划?


B: I'll get to it first thing tomorrow.


     我赶明天就马上进行。


 


A: Let's send a fax to our Hong Kong office first thing Monday.


     让我们在星期一尽速发一份传真给我们香港办事处。


B: I'll surely 2 do that.


     我一定照办。


 


1) reinforcements (n.) 增援,救兵


2) manage  (v.) 得以做到


3) venture capitalist  提供创业投资的投资方



v.敢于,大胆表示;冒险,拼,闯;n.冒险
  • He is too timid to venture upon an undertaking.他太胆小,不敢从事任何事业。
  • Don't venture into the jungle without a guide.没有向导,不要冒险到丛林里去。
adv.确实地,无疑地;必定地,一定地
  • It'should surely be possible for them to reach an agreement.想必他们可以达成协议。
  • Surely we'll profit from your work.我们肯定会从你的工作中得到益处。