时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE② B  吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作


【他自视甚高】


 


Zina:           Do you think what I did to Elvin was 1) out of line?


吉娜:         你觉得我对艾文太过火了吗?


 


Dave:  You could have tried to explain to him about the new programmers.


戴夫:         你本可以试着跟他解释,会有新的程序设计师进来。


 


Zina:  Elvin doesn't want any programming help. He wants all the 2) glory for himself.


吉娜:         艾文才不想要有人来帮忙写程序。他想功劳一手抓。


 


Dave:  You might be right. He does 3) think pretty highly 1 of himself.


戴夫:         你或许没说错。他自视甚高。


 


Zina:  Did you hear the names he was calling me?


吉娜:         你听到他怎么骂我吗?


 


Dave:          I heard. But did you have to tear out his nose ring?


戴夫:         我听到了。但你有必要扯掉他的鼻环吗?


 


语言详解


 


A: Can you explain your relationship to John?


   你能解释你跟约翰的关系吗?


 


B: No. It's too complicated 2.


   不能。 这太复杂了。


 


could have tried 本可以试着】


 


could+现在完成式的句型用于说明先前的某一动作有改进的余地,有时表示含蓄的不满或指责。例如:


 


You could have finished it earlier.


你本该早一点把这事做完。


She could have done better.


她做得不够好。


 


A: I could have arrived much earlier. But I was caught in the traffic.


     我原可以早早就到了。但是我受阻于路上交通拥塞。


B: That I can understand. But you could have called us and let us know.


     这一点我可以了解。但是你本可以打个电话通知我们。


 


1)  be out of line  过分的


2)  glory (n.)  荣耀


3) think highly of...  对……评价很高。若后接反身代名词,则是指自视甚高



adv.高度地,极,非常;非常赞许地
  • It is highly important to provide for the future.预先做好准备非常重要。
  • The teacher speaks very highly of the boy's behaviour.老师称赞这个男孩的表现。
adj.错综复杂的,麻烦的,结构复杂的
  • The poem is so complicated that I cannot make out its meaning.这首诗太复杂,我理解不了它的意思。
  • This is the most complicated case I have ever handled.这是我所处理过的最为复杂的案子。
标签: 职场 社交 自视