时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE① B  文斯与艾文在男洗手间里


【新来的程序设计师行吗?】


 


Vince:         1) How are Zina's new programmers working out?


文斯:         吉娜找来新的程序设计师行吗?


 


Elvin:           I hate to 2) admit it, but they're good. And fast. The 3) Filipino kid is a 4) genius.


艾文:         我不愿意承认,不过他们很行。而且手脚又快。那菲律宾小子是个天才。


 


Vince:         So you'll make the Stars.com 5) deadline, and have us up and running next week?


文斯:         所以你们能赶上Stars.com给的最后期限,我们下星期就能上线运作?


 


Elvin:           It'll be close, but we'll make it.


艾文:         时间很紧迫,但我们会赶上的。


 


Vince:  Good. After Stars.com starts paying us, we won't need Vikam's cash anymore.


文斯:  好。等Stars.com开始付我们钱之后,我们就不再需要维康的现金了。


 


Elvin:  And if we don't need them, we won't need Zina, either.


艾文:         而且若我们不需要他们,我们也就不会需要吉娜了。


 


语言详解


 


A: Tom is clever,really.


   汤姆真的很聪明。


 


B: I know. He's practically 1 a genius.


   我知道。他算得上是天才。


 


be up and running 开始运作】


 


be up and running 是指开店运作或是一项计划付诸实行。


 


A: What have you been doing lately?


     你最近在忙些什么?


B: Well, I've been trying to get my surf shop up and running. It's a lot of work.


     呃,我在忙我那冲浪店开店运作的事宜。很费工的。


 


be up and running也可指如汽车等机械组件的开始运作,或是电脑程序、整个系统的运作。


 


A: How is the computer program?


     那个电脑程序情况如何?


B: It's up and running, but we need to watch it for a few weeks to make sure everything is OK.


     已开始运作,但我们还要观察几个星期以确定没有问题。


 


1) How...work out? ……进展如何?……表现如何?


2) admit  (v.) 承认


3) Filipino  (n.)   菲律宾人


4) genius  (n.) 天才


5) deadline  (n.) 最后期限



adv.差不多;几乎;实际地,从实际角度
  • He solved the problem very practically.他很实事求是地解决了这个问题。
  • She's practically always late for school.她上学几乎总是迟到。