时间:2018-12-31 作者:英语课 分类:职场社交


英语课


SCENE② D  吉娜与戴夫在各自的隔间里工作 


【你怎能那么肯定?】


 


Dave:          Do you really think we can beat WebTracker?


戴夫:         你真觉得我们能打败网路搜寻家


 


Zina:           Of course.


吉娜:         当然。


 


Dave:  How can you be so sure? Do you know something I don't?


戴夫:         你怎能那么肯定?你是不是知道什么隐情?


 


Zina:           I have a plan for 1) handling WebTracker. Step one is the Stars.com 2) contract 1.


吉娜:         我有对付网路搜寻家的计划。第一步就是拿到Stars.com的合约。


 


Dave:  What's step two?


戴夫:         那第二步是什么?


 


Zina:  Don't worry about that, Dave. Look, I have to see Vince now. Think about what I said.


吉娜:         不用操心,戴夫。听着,我现在要去找文斯。你想想我说的话。




语言详解


 


A: I can't handle having so much homework.


   功课这么多,我应付不过来。


 


B: Maybe you should get a tutor 2.


   也许你该去找个家教。


 


Do you know something I don't? 你是不是知道什么隐情?】


 


要向对方打听秘密的说词很多种,直接的办法如Tell me the secret Let me know what you have found out 等等。但比较婉转的似比较好,上面对话中的Do you know something I don't? 就是不错的说词,这句话的意思是Do you know something I don't know?


 


A: Our football team is going to win the match at 2 to 1 this afternoon.


     我们的足球队下午会以二比一踢赢球赛。


B: Wait a minute. Do you know something I don't?


     稍等一下。你是不是知道什么隐情?


 


A: If you are a gambler 3, you have your ways to get tips.


     如果你是个赌徒,你总有办法弄到内部消息。


B: Are you sure the other team can be bought?


    你真的认为客队是可以收买的吗?


 


1) handle (v.)  对付应付


2) contract (n.)  合约



n.合同,契约,婚约;v.使缩短,感染,订约
  • The terms of the contract are acceptable to us.我们认为这个合同的条件可以接受。
  • I'm under contract to teach here for one year.我按照聘约要在这里教一年书。
n.家庭教师,导师,助教,监护人;vt.当…的教师,教,指导,约束
  • I think you should get her a tutor.我认为你应该替她请个家教。
  • What do you think of your tutor?你觉得你的家庭教师怎么样?
n.赌博者;赌徒
  • The gambler sponged a cigarette from the man sitting next to him. 那个赌徒向坐在他旁边的人讨支烟抽。
  • He was notorious as a gambler. 他是臭名昭著的赌徒。
标签: 职场 社交 肯定
学英语单词