Improving your Memory 增强记忆力的方法 Psychological research has focused on a number of basic principles that help memory: meaningfulness, organization, association, and visualization. It is

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Do as the Romans Did? 巨蛋始祖:罗马竞技场 Inaugurated1 in A.D. 80 by the emperor Titus, the Roman Colosseum is the earliest prototype of the modern superdome. With a perimeter of 527 meters

发表于:2018-12-06 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Land of the Midnight Sun One of the lands of the midnight sun, Finland has much more to offer than the cold nights, saunas, and skiing it is often associated with. Visitors are enchanted by charming v

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Perusing the Parthenon An immense, columned temple built almost entirely of marble, Athens's ancient Parthenon is the consummate example of classical Greek architecture. Its legendary balance was achi

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Why Does Alcohol Affect Women More? Many people assume that women are more greatly affected by alcohol than men because they generally weigh less and have lower rates of drinking. While this is true,

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

The Seeds of Wrath The world knows a great deal about apartheid. It knows it as a repressive political system which denies political representation to 14,000,000 South Africans because they are not wh

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(36) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Leisure and Leadership Observations and research findings indicate that people in advanced industrial societies are increasingly concerned with opportunities for leisure and what they can do in their

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Return of The Chain Gang Eyewitnesses say it was a scene straight out of a black and white movie from the 1950s. As the sun rose over the fields of Huntsville, Alabama, in the American South, the conv

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Jet Lag: Prevention and Cure The problem of Jet Lag is one every international traveller comes across at some time. But do you have to suffer? Understand what it is, and how a careful diet can minimiz

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Worlds within Worlds First of all let us consider the earth (that is to say, the world) as a planet revolving round the sun. The earth is one of mine planets which move in orbit round the sun. These n

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

It Never Rains but It Pours! An hour before midnight is worth two after or so my mother used to tell me as I sat down to breakfast after a particularly late night. But is it really true that sleep bef

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Slavery on Our Doorstep There are estimated to be more than 20,000 overseas domestic servants working in Britain (the exact figure is not known because the Home Office, the government department that

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Pride and Prejudice Although first published almost 200 years ago, the novels of Jane Austen have retained their popularity around the world.It is not difficult to find the reasons for their enduring

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

World Cup Fever Hits Asia When France and Senegal kick off on May 31 in the opening game of the 2002 soccer World Cup Finals, they will be making history. For the first time, the only international sp

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Gossip: Have You Heard? Hello. You know me. I am in your office, at your parties, and on your phone. I am cunning and cruel. I have the power to ruin your life. For amusement, I will break your heart

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Once Upon a Time in Denmark If you are walking through New York’s Central Park on a fine summer day, you might come across a group of children enthusiastically listening to a story. The storyteller

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Why Can We Hear the Sound of the Ocean in a Shell? Most children have probably wondered at the noise of roaring ocean waves magically captured inside seashells held up to their ears. According to popu

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

The Magic Pen of J. K. Rowling

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(32) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

Keeping up With Science To make the most of your time, you should go to bed late and rise early. But that is conventional wisdom. The future may be different because scientists are doing what they can

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(117) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读

A Treasure Ship Captain Early in the 15th century, a huge fleet of ships set sail from Nanjing. It was the first of a series of voyages that would, for a brief period, establish China as the leading p

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 有声英文阅读