And so, as we evaluated, and as the dust settled from this tragedy, 经历这个悲剧后 we realized that, of those two problems -- 我们重新思考了这两个问题 in the initial iteration of our organization, 最初我们这个组织 we were a

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲国际问题篇

Democratic presidential contenders Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama squared off over a proposed gas tax holiday ahead of primaries tomorrow in North Carolina and Indiana. More from NPRs David Welna. On ABCs This Week, an Obama supporter in the polit

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 2008年NPR美国国家公共电台五月

The results of our work in the field 我们的成果 are used to produce 被用于媒体创作 media and deliverables to be used 并交付给文物修复人员 by conservators and researchers. 和研究人员使用 We also produce media for 我们也创

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 TED演讲科技篇

talk tornadoes. Watch this time-lapsed look at one funnel cloud slamming into downtown Raleigh. Wow. It's one of the many reasons for the state of emergency, in effect right now in North Carolina. Statewide, more than 20 people were killed. Nearly ha

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(四)月

A couple stories we first reported on Friday have developed and changed over the weekend so today, CNN Student News is catching you up! I'm Carl Azuz. Let's get this show started! It was the kind of forecast we don't like to hear: Predictions of torn

发表于:2018-12-20 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2011年(四)月

President Obama says he will do what it takes to back Israel and prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon. The United States and Israel both assess that Iran does not yet have a nuclear weapon and we are exceedingly vigilant in monitoring their

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(三)月

All right.You might know the Everest is the highest point on earth but what is the lowest?You could find out and visit the place in the next ten minutes.I am Carl Azuz,welcome to CNN STUDENT NEWS. First up.Two states,one winner.That was the story fro

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(三)月

First up. Severe weather in the Dallas, Texas area. Several tornadoes touched down there yesterday afternoon. Officials urged people to take cover, and they had good reason. As it's a little hot to see clearly because the clouds from the storms made

发表于:2018-12-24 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2012年(四)月

文本: Max: Oh no, not again. Why is this happening to me? Why am I here again? Max: October 11th? Is this Friday! That's only four days away... Oh no... That tornado is headed straight for the town... Chloe... you're here. I'm back. Oh my Lord. T

发表于:2018-12-28 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 小龟乐游记英语短文

Hello everyone, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN. com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Some amazing pictures captured on video as more tornadoes ripped across the country's midsection. Tornadoes just like this

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

Hello, I'm Melissa Long. Here at the CNN Center in Atlanta with some of the headlines that at NOW IN THE NEWS on this Monday. A weekend storm spawned vicious tornadoes across several states. The greatest death toll is in Iowa. At least 6 people are

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 商业报道2008年(五)月

本期内容: Hi, welcome to Faith Radio Online-Simply to relax. Im Faith. One of my students asked me awhile ago what I was really good at. Half kidding, I responded, Starting over! The reason I was only HALF kidding is because I am very familiar with

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 Faith轻松电台

US in shock as worst storms for 40 years kill almost 300 Shocked Americans are struggling to grasp the magnitude of the worst US tornadoes in almost 40 years, which carved a trail of destruction across the south, claiming at least 295 lives. The stor

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(293) / 评论(0) 分类 实用英语

Hello everyone, I'm Creshon Saunders at the CNN.com newsroom in Atlanta. Here is a look at what's happening NOW IN THE NEWS. Supporters of Roland Burris are rallying around the embattled Illinois senator this weekend. Our CNN affiliate WBBM says som

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2009年(三)月

And we begin with those heavy rains and tornadoes that are pounding south Texas as Hurricane Alex comes ashore. The season's first hurricane actually made landfall in northeastern Mexico with 100-mile-an-hour winds. Alex has weakened and it's moved i

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2010年(七)月

1. President Bush says the federal government will offer all possible assistance it can to states affected by the latest round of severe weather. Tornadoes and storms are being blamed for at least 23 deaths in three states including at least 14 in Mi

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(五)月

1. The confirmed death toll from wild storms in North Carolina has risen to more than 20. In Bladen County alone, 82 homes were damaged and 25 destroyed. At least 43 people died in three days of tornadoes from Oklahoma to Virginia. 2. New work rules

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(107) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2011(四月)

BARBARA KLEIN: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Barbara Klein. BOB DOUGHTY: And I'm Bob Doughty. This week, we will tell about the science of tornadoes. Tornadoes have been observed in many parts of the world. But the storms ar

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(五)月

AS IT IS 2014-06-24 Natural Disasters Require Special Building Design 应对自然灾害需要特殊的建筑设计 Natural disasters happen everywhere in the world. Many cause property damage and loss of life. But researchers say the severity of the

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(六)月

AS IT IS 2016-02-25 Tornadoes Crush Mobile Homes in South US 龙卷风袭击美国南部 Tornadoes crushed mobile homes and destroyed neighborhoods in the southeastern United States during severe weather Tuesday. At least three people were dead when

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年VOA慢速英语(二)月