AS IT IS 2014-11-30 Pro-Russian Separatists Face Health Crisis The government in Ukraine is threatening to stop financial support for hospitals and medical services in areas controlled by pro-Russian separatists. The announcement comes as some people

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(30) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

Doing Pro Bono Work Claire: Welcome to the firm. Are you getting the hang of things here? Jack: I am. I worked in another firm for two years before coming here, so I have some experience under my belt. But let me ask you one thing: Is the firm seriou

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年ESL之商务英语

Ed Yeranian Lebanese Army troops and riot police have fired on a crowd of stone-throwing demonstrators in a suburb of Beirut. Lebanese television stations are reporting three people were killed and a

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(上)--国际时事

Broadcast: Jan 26, 2003 The Pro Football Hall of Fame has announced its class of 2003, with former Heisman Trophy winner Marcus Allen and former Kansas City Coach Hank Stram leading the class. The cla

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-体育专递

歌词: Hey little Porsche, I wanna try ya Crazy baby girl, there ain't nothing like you Hey little Porsche, so right I had to get ya B-b-back it up, let's roll, roll, roll Girl lets go You sexy thing, you turn me on, I need a private show, here on

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

As former British Prime Minister Tony Blair appears before an inquiry into the war in Iraq, dozens of demonstrators gathered outside in a public display of anger over Britain's role in the war. Chants of war criminal echoed through London's streets,

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

At one of the largest mosques in the United States, Muslim leaders are trying to create a safe haven for young people to learn Islam's lessons about peace. Laurel Bowman | Washington, DC 18 December 2009 Muslim leaders are trying to create a safe hav

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2009年(十二月)

Pro-tobacco Forces Still Strong in Many Countries A study that compiled data on three billion tobacco users worldwide, including thousands of face to face interviews, shows that global tobacco use is greatly influenced by the pro-tobacco lobby. The s

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(八月)

A legislation in the country's parliament to set the minimum age for marriage at 17 has been languishing for a year Heather Murdock | Sanaa 01 February 2010 In many parts of Yemen, it is customary to marry girls as young as 10-years old. About a year

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

A new study suggests vaccinating children against disease first could help protect the surrounding community. Related Links Full Article Scientists have long believed that immunizing some members of a community against a disease would protect the ent

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

ConservationistsTryingtoSave,ReproduceEndangeredFrogs Forty percent of all the frogs in the world are in danger of extinction, according to the Smithsonian Institution. Pollution, pesticides, climate change and now a fungus are taking a toll on this

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(九月)

Controversial Pro-Israel Ads Go Up in Washington Subway Metro officials had raised concerns that this ad could incite violence especially after the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya. The ad reads: In any war between the civilized man and the sava

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(十月)

ROBERT SIEGEL, HOST: Now some good news, especially for babies around the world. Scientists in the U.S. and India have found an inexpensive treatment for a common infection. It could save hundreds of thousands of newborns each year. The treatment com

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台8月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: All right, so that takes care of getting your present to you. But what about making it look just right? Take a tip from a pro - getting those nice crisp folded edges on your package is key. MIA CANADA: I crease everything. STEVE

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台12月

AGRICULTURE REPORT - More From Less: America's Highly Productive Farms By Mario Ritter Broadcast: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 I'm Gwen Outen with the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. At one time, th

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

By David Gollust Top Brazilian officials told U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell Tuesday that country has nothing to hide on its nuclear program, despite a conflict over access by U.N. inspectors to

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

By Carol Pearson Washington 18 September 2007 A lot of studies have examined adult sleep problems, such as sleep apnea, a condition that can lead to heart attack or stroke. But now researchers are looking at problems that children, even infants, can

发表于:2019-02-02 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(九月)

By Peter Fedynsky Kyiv, Ukraine 13 November 2007 Ukraine has been experiencing impressive economic growth for most of this decade, despite political turmoil at the highest levels of government. VOA Correspondent Peter Fedynsky recently visited Ukrain

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

Anti-government protesters have ended their occupation of the airports in Bangkok after a court ruling removed Thailand's prime minister. But as Ron Corben reports from the Thai capital, the political outlook remains clouded, because of concerns ove

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(84) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

Women in China who don't get married after a certain age are often called 'leftover women'. By telling what many of these single women are really thinking, a cosmetics ad has gone viral. Be independent and lead a wonderful life, that's what I want. I

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年