Todd: OK, hello, could you say your name please? Diana: Yes, my name is Diana Heyne. Todd: Diana, where are you from? Diana: I live in Chicago. Todd: Great, Chicago! How long have you lived in Chicago? Diana: Actually, only for a year. I'm mostly a m

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语访谈对话

Grammar Girl here. Today's topics are style guides and how to deal with book titles. Joe called in with this question: With all of the style guides that are out there -- APA, MLA -- why would anyone use Chicago? I was finding it very hard to believe

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

Words and Their Stories: Nicknames for Chicago 词汇典故:芝加哥别名 Now, the VOA Special English program WORDS AND THEIR STORIES. 现在是美国之音慢速英语词汇典故节目。 A nickname is a shortened version of a person's name. A

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Official campaigning has begun in Ivory Coast's long-delayed presidential race, as election officials continue preparations for the vote on October 31st. This weekend, Ivory Coast's 14 presidential candidates officially hit the campaign trail, raisin

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(220) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十)月

By Noel King Goma, DRC 22 November 2007 Food prices are skyrocketing in eastern Congo's volatile North Kivu province as Laurent Nkunda's rebels and the Congolese army engage in what aid workers and the United Nations are calling a game of stopping an

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(105) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十一月)

The Boy on Graves-End Road by Caty Weaver Editor's Note: This is a weekly multimedia series of American short stories for English language learners. Each story has video, audio, quizzes, and a lesson plan for teachers. Hope you enjoy reading and list

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(十一)月

[00:00]S:I'm, I'm just boning up for your Bruce Wayne meeting in the morning. [00:06]I pulled all the files on the proposed power plant and, uh, the Mr. Wayne's hoped-for investment. Uh... [00:16]This is all very interesting, though a bit on the te

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英美人天天都在说的4000句:跟着影视学最真实的口语

ACCRA, Dec. 21 (Xinhua) -- Ivoirian and Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure was crowned the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF) Best Player of the Year for the second consecutive time at an Awards Gala held at the Banquet Hall of the State House

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

SAN FRANCISCO, April 25 (Xinhua) -- Oracle Corp. on Monday announced that its co-president Safra Catz is taking the additional position as the software giant's chief financial officer (CFO), following the resignation of its current CFO Jeff Epstein.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Barca lose Puyol in Benfica win MADRID, Oct. 2 (Xinhua) -- FC Barcelona paid a heavy price for their comfortable 2-0 away win over Benfica in Champions League as they lost captain Carles Puyol with a serious arm injury. Puyol fell badly in the second

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

COIMBRA, Portugal, April 14 (Xinhua) -- Benfica won a fourth successive Portuguese League Cup on Saturday after beating Gil Vicente 2-1 in the final. Rodrigo gave Benfica a 30th-minute lead, but Gil Vicente levelled through Ze Luis on 78 minutes. But

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RIO DE JANEIRO, Nov. 17 (Xinhua) -- One day after the team's 2-1 loss against America-MG, the Botafogo administration decided to fire head coach Caio Junior on Thursday. Losing five of its last six games, the vice-president of soccer at Botafogo Andr

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Gabrielle: Hi, Annili! How are you today? Anili: Oh, I'm fine. Gabrielle: Good! Hey, I love your scarf! Anili: Oh, my scarf! Gabrielle: Yeah, where did you get it? Anili: Oh, I bought this scarf in Sydney. Gabrielle: Oh, OK. So, Sidney is your hometo

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Early voters turn out to vote in Chicago CHICAGO, Nov. 3 (Xinhua) -- While most U.S. citizens will vote next Tuesday, some of the country's early voters are already out to cast their ballots. Ms. Megan Keskitaoo from Chicago turned out to vote on Sat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Todd: OK, hello, could you say your name please? Diana: Yes, my name is Diana Heyne. Todd: Diana, where are you from? Diana: I live in Chicago. Todd: Great, Chicago! How long have you lived in Chicago? Diana: Actually, only for a year. I'm mostly a M

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Loca... Loca... Dance or die... Loca... Loca... She's gettin' high all the time Just to keep you from me She get's you on like (ahh! ) Be careful amigo She talks in the morning just to wake you up She's tied to your love But your love's only mine, bo

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(92) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Spain midfielder Cazorla defends Casillas over recent form MADRID, Oct. 10 (Xinhua) -- Spain midfielder, Santi Cazorla strongly defended the form of goalkeeper Iker Casillas on Wednesday as the Spanish national side prepared to fly to Minsk ahead of

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

RUSTENBURG, South Africa Two days after the shootout at a mine in South Africa where 34 striking miners died, the atmosphere is still very heavy on the site, as the miners remain undeterred in their strike for a better salary. In addition to the 34 m

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

NAIROBI, May 9 (Xinhua) -- The African Women's Volleyball Clubs Championships will kick off in Nairobi on Thursday with three local clubs tipped to be the main contenders for the trophy. Led by the defending champions, Kenya Prisons, the host nation

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

I heard the door slam, and I couldn't tell Was it just the wind, or was she mad again? (aww hell) She's gettin in her car. I hollar Baby, is there something wrong? Thought i heard her say something sounding like i'm gone. But these days gone can mean

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐