By Jill Moss Broadcast: November 24, 2003 This is Robert Covent with the VOA Special English Development Report. The World Health Organization says it expects two times as many cases of 1)diabetes in

发表于:2018-12-01 / 阅读(138) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(下)-发展与科学

Mysterious, Magical Moldavite 神秘的魔法石-捷克陨石 by Luke Dodds This little-known and otherworldly stone is full of beauty and mystery. 这种鲜为人知的石头来自『另一个世界』,美丽且神秘。 With its strangewrinkled

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 常春藤解析英语

A: I am definitely interested in buying this car. B: Wonderful! It's good to find a person who really needs this car. A: What is the price for this car? B: The price I listed on eBay was five thousand dollars. A: I was thinking that maybe you might b

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-买车

Andrea: Hello, Im Andrea Rose and youre listening to bbclearningenglish.com. Today in Entertainment, we speak to well-known American horror writer Stephen King, who has just released his new novel, Blaze. The author of over 50 best-selling horror no

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 Entertainment

President Bush Celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month THE PRESIDENT: Hola! Sintese. Bienvenidos a la Casa Blanca. (Laughter.) ste es el ltimo Mes de la Hispanidad que paso como presidente -- y por eso, le dije a mi personal que hoy quera hablarles slo e

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统每日发言

PEOPLE IN AMERICA -October 20, 2002: Stephen Foster By Shelley Gollust (Photo - University of Pittsburgh) VOICE 1: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE 2: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English progr

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(113) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

影片对白 Susan: Okay, I've got to break the ice here. So you're in counseling. Big deal . You want humiliation, I'll give you humiliation. I locked myself out of my house, stark naked, and got caught by Mike. Gabrielle: Oh my God, when did this happ

发表于:2019-01-03 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 影视英语

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -January 25, 2002: Nuclear Waste By Jerilyn Watson Yucca Mountain Range (Photo -Energy Department) This is the VOA Special English Environment Report. The United States Energy Depar

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(159) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

ENVIRONMENT REPORT-January 4, 2002: Mystery Squid By Cynthia Kirk Squid found in the Indian Ocean (Photo -NOAA/Science) This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. Scientists have discovered a

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

THIS IS AMERICA – July 1, 2002: Songs that Celebrate America By Jerilyn Watson VOICE ONE: July Fourth is America's most important national holiday: Independence Day. Americans will celebrate the ann

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 This is America

Demand for higher productivity has pushed farmers in Asia to let go of the water buffalo as a farming tool. Today, governments and investors are finding ways to expand the iconic beast of burden's role on the farm. Millions of farmers in Southeast As

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

This is the VOA Special English Education Report. Some American high schools are for students with special interests, like science or the arts. New York City even has a program for those interested in the food service industry, called Food and Finan

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2008年(八)月

A legislation in the country's parliament to set the minimum age for marriage at 17 has been languishing for a year Heather Murdock | Sanaa 01 February 2010 In many parts of Yemen, it is customary to marry girls as young as 10-years old. About a year

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

A new study suggests vaccinating children against disease first could help protect the surrounding community. Related Links Full Article Scientists have long believed that immunizing some members of a community against a disease would protect the ent

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Volunteers Help Revive LA's Concrete River Thousands of volunteers turned out on a recent weekend to remove the trash that has been deposited by winter rain storms. The Los Angeles River was lined with concrete in the late 1930s and 1940s, after year

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2013年(五月)

The winner of this year's Nobel Peace Prize, Kenyan environmentalist Wangari Maathai, is in New York to call attention to her message linking environmental protection and peace. 今年的诺贝尔和平奖得主、肯尼亚的环境保护人士旺加里

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

[Scene: Central Perk, everyone is there except Joey.] Monica: Alright. Phoebe? Phoebe: Okay, okay. If I were omnipotent for a day, I would want, um, world peace, no more hunger, good things for the rain-forest...And bigger boobs! Ross: Yeah, see.. yo

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 英语杂谈

Todd: So, Alexandra, you're going to be a lawyer. Alexandra: Yes, I am. Todd: Very impressive and you're in law school and you were saying that in law school the reading load is very difficult. Alexandra: Yes, for each class you have to read a few th

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Todd: Talking about body alterations, I think for men it's not so much cosmetic surgery, but it's steroids these days. That's the hot topic. Wendi: Do you think so? Todd: Well, I'll tell you, when I was in high school, I knew so many guys that did st

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

The United States Thursday suspended most of its aid program to Mauritania because of this week's military ouster of the elected government there. U.S. food aid to the north African state will continue. VOA's David Gollust reports from the State Dep

发表于:2019-02-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(八月)