Here is sobering news. The World Health Organization says more than one billion adults are fat, and at least 400 million people are obese. As old fashioned as it sounds, doctors say the best way to lose weight is to eat less and exercise more. But fo

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(三月)

Clint Padgett works up to 80 hours a week, he doesnt take many breaks and he has limited time to exercise. So hes hired personal trainer Robert Dothard to give him a workout in his office. Hey, Robert. The routine starts with squats, using the chair

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2008年

Everyone's looking for a new year's resolution. So after those paparazzi photos, here in Hawaii I thought Id try to figure out what it takes to be like Barack. Meet personal trainer Mike Sapp, who worked with California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2009年

公司高管Peter, Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。 Peter首先发言。 Peter: Well folks, we've come to the last item on our agenda: our corporate wellness program. Jason: Yeah, I'm very interested to see where you're going to do with

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 礼节美语

Doing Basic Exercises Jane: Ive just had the best workout at the gym! Arnold: You dont need to go to a gym to exercise. I exercise right here in my apartment. Jane: Oh, yeah? What can you do in this small space? Arnold: Nearly everything I need to do

发表于:2018-12-26 / 阅读(78) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之就医和人际交往

Maria: Hi, Shirley, it's a surprise to see you here! Shirley: Hi, nice to see you! Maria: What are you doing here? Shirley: Jogging. Maria, I want you to meet my husband, Ben. Ben, this is my colleague, Maria. Maria: I am Maria, glad to meet you. Ben

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(71) / 评论(0) 分类 英语大赢家上册

[Clip of Rodney Dangerfield, saying Its not easy being me; when I was born the doctor told my mother, I did all I could, but he pulled through anyway.] Rodney mighta felt badbut he should make you feel good. Because a new study shows that laughter ca

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(97) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

Exercise is good for you. Antioxidants are good for you. But put them together and its not as good as youd think. Because a recent study shows that some vitamins block the beneficial effects of exercise. A good workout not only gets your heart pumpi

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(101) / 评论(0) 分类 60秒科学

It's a workout with two goals, mean green students are doing their bodies and the environment a favor when they hop on these machines. When you talk about energy, you think about like the windmill and there the water and other things producing energy

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 万花筒2011年

Are You Hardcore Enough for CrossFit? 你有足够强悍可以经受得住体能训练吗? From VOA Learning English, this is the Health Report. 美国之音英语教学,这里是健康报道。 In the United States we love to try new ways to exe

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 2014年VOA慢速英语(四)月

CrossFit: Hot Global Fitness Trend Strengthens Dominance 健身房风靡全球 What started in a California garage in the 1970s is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing fitness concepts worldwide. It's called CrossFit and is a method of whole-b

发表于:2019-01-14 / 阅读(104) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2014年(三月)

公司高管Peter,Jason和Helen开会讨论员工保健项目。Peter首先发言。 Peter: Well folks, we've come to the last item on our agenda: our corporate wellness program. Jason: Yeah, I'm very interested to see where you're going to do with

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 商务礼节美语

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: This time of year it's pretty common to hear about people's New Year's resolutions to get in shape. And now it's easy to do that without leaving home. There are streaming videos of workouts and lots of apps. NPR's Chris Arnold ha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: Korean pop, or K-pop as it's known, has been huge - all the rage for a long time. It's a dance style, and it takes some serious training. NPR's Elise Hu and Code Switch's Kat Chow found out the hard way. ELISE HU, BYLINE: If you'

发表于:2019-01-17 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台6月

This morning on Take It Off Today, staying in shape on the road. Just because you are staying at a hotel does not mean your exercise routine has to suffer although too often it probably does. Women's Health's contributing editor Lisa Drayer says the

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录

Ethics Get Workout in College Bowl Game 美国大学橄榄球比赛重视道德培养 College football teams are preparing for postseason play in events such as the venerable Rose Bowl, Sugar Bowl, and Orange Bowl. 大学足球队正在为季后赛的玫

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(109) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2011年(十二月)

Todd: So, Phil, I'm thinking about going to China and I'm really into nature. I love wildlife. Can you recommend anything to me? Phil: The best thing I did in China was go through Zhang Jia Jie National Park. That's Hunan Province, and if you like na

发表于:2019-02-16 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

So, if you're like me, you probably have at least a few bad habits you would like to break. 如果你和我一样,你可能至少有几个想改掉的坏习惯。 But it's tough because no matter how hard I try, I seem to slip back into the same ol

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(136) / 评论(0) 分类 欧美人文风情

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: The heightened workout a bilingual brain receives throughout its life can also help delay the onset of diseases, like Alzheimer's and dementia by as much as five years. 若双语者的大脑持续地

发表于:2019-03-05 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

This five-year-old vizsla named Stella is a regular at Frolic Dogs, a canine sports club in Alexandria Virginia. Shes so active. And so I see how happy she is when were at the gym. And shes playing and shes able to, you know, jump through the hoop or

发表于:2019-03-11 / 阅读(1534) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2019年(二月)