First up today on CNN student news. JJ's restaurant, Kansas City Missouri, closed early on Tuesday. People there smelled a strong gas odor, about an hour later, this is what JJ's looked like. An explosion ripped the roof off, the whole place burst in

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(70) / 评论(0) 分类 CNN2013年(二)月

Today, 200 business and community leaders met in Auckland to talk about saving jobs. The Prime Minister, the Minister of Finance and the Governor of the Reserve Bank all spoke to the meeting. They are worried about unemployment and say that many peop

发表于:2018-12-05 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

...spread out it was. So you're on the cover of Time Magazine. It's big. Oh, did you... A big win to Tom Hanks... I got a foldout I'd like to say. And you're a hero. Mike Tonicle was talking about this earlier in the show when we were talking about y

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 访谈录2010

Dealing with Time Changes in Scheduling Danny: Dont bother looking for next years meeting calendar. Im still working on it. Tessa: Whats taking so long? Danny: This is my first time scheduling all of the major meetings for this company and Im getting

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年ESL之商务英语

It was then that I realized this guy wasn't putting stuff on my seat to annoy me. He was saving me the seat every morning. And this whole time he saw me as a friend but I was too busy thinking about myself to take him into consideration. 我这才发现

发表于:2018-12-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Now Your Turn A: Hey, do you want to come shopping with me? I just got some money from my part-time job, and I want to get rid of it right away. B: Thats your style. What do you want to buy? A: I dont knowsome fashionable clothes, maybe. B: If you wa

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(73) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

III. Listening In Task 1: Its time to buy. Mike: Hey, Robert, where are you off to? Robert: Im going to talk to a banker about a loan. Mike: You are short of money? I thought you were the saving type. Robert: Theres a time to save and a time to spend

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 新视野大学英语:视听说教程 2

GETTING TO KNOW STEVEN SPIELBERG Steven Spielberg,whose mother was a music teacher,was born in 1946 in a small town in America.He started making short films when he was still a young boy.He made his first real film when he was twelve.This was a film

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语人教版第一册课本听力

AA: I'm Avi Arditti with Rosanne Skirble, and this week on WORDMASTER: prepositions for the perplexed. RS: The other day, our colleague Julie Taboh told us about a friend of hers, a non-native English speaker. It seems he once tried to tell someone t

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 词汇大师(Wordmaster)

歌词: At first I was afraid I was petrified 起初我很害怕,不知所措 Kept thinking I could never live without you by my side 一直在想:没有你在身边,我一定活不下去 But then I spent so many nights 但是后来,我花了很多个夜晚 Thinking how you did me wron

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(111) / 评论(0) 分类 音乐咖啡厅

HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC, in VOA Special English. (MUSIC) I'm Doug Johnson. On our show this week: We answer a question about rivers /P Play some music by My Brightest Diamond /P And report about a new time change in the United States. Dayli

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA慢速英语2007年(三)月

Saving the Cross River Gorilla The U.S. is helping to save an elusive and endangered species of gorilla in West Africa. The Fish and Wildlife Service and the Wildlife Conservation Society have developed a five-year plan to ensure the survival of the

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2012年(三月)

Climate quilt gives children a voice in fighting for the environment Faiza Elmasry | King of Prussia, Pennsylvania 21 April 2010 Watch: Elmasry Report Windows Media Children worldwide designed 'pledge patches,' depicting how they promise to work on e

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(四)月

We were shocked. We had assumed that if millions of children were dying and they could be saved, the world would make it a priority to discover and deliver the medicines to save them. But it did not. For under a dollar, there were interventions that

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名校励志英语演讲

It's a pleasure to be here today. In many ways it's kind of interesting because if somebody would have asked, would an Internet working company be given a key note at COMDEX just two years ago, how many people in this room would have said that would

发表于:2019-01-18 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 财富精英励志演讲

Todd: Anita, I thought we would talk about money and investments. Anita: OK. Todd: So, you're pretty young. Anita: Yes. Todd: And how old are you? Anita: I am 23. Todd: 23, so that's very young. So as a young person, do you think about your future an

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

So, we have devices to mark the passing of time. But what time is it now. Clocks in different parts of the world do not show the same time at the same time. This is because time on Earth is set by the sun's position in the sky above. We all have a tw

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 英语时差8,16

文本 C:You got pretty while I was away. H:I'm saving it all up for you...God, I'm glad you're back.. C:I'm so glad to be here. H:You know,I said I would come to you. C:I know..I ,just...Me coming here is less complicated. H:Less complicated how? C:

发表于:2019-01-23 / 阅读(34) / 评论(0) 分类 跟着美剧练发音

There's a man standing on the corner 一个男子站在街角 With a sign sayin will work for food You know the man 身边的标示告之 他已失去了工作 You see him every morning 你每天清晨都能见到他 The one you never give your money

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 好听的英文歌曲

Are you creative? 你觉得自己富有创意吗? I'm very creative when it comes to problem-solving. 我能够创造性地解决问题。 For example,at my current work,we almost lost our best employee when her husband relocated to Taichung. 例如,

发表于:2019-02-27 / 阅读(137) / 评论(0) 分类 必背英文面试口语