Most visitors to the Olympics come to enjoy the sporting events and take in the atmosphere. But a group of Washington D.C. students traveled to the Vancouver Winter Games to learn about sports marketing and management. Parke Brewer | Vancouver 26 Feb

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(29) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

LULU GARCIA-NAVARRO, HOST: It just got more complicated for people from other countries to stay and work in the United States. This past week, the Trump administration announced that immigrant workers with H-1B visas will no longer be able to get the

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(114) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台10月

The 21st Winter Olympics in Vancouver enter their final week Sunday. Local organizers have received high marks for the way the Games have gone so far. 第21届温哥华冬季奥运会星期天进入比赛最后一个星期,到目前为止当地组织

发表于:2018-12-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年2月

The Vancouver Olympics ended on Sunday and it could not have been a much better finish for host country Canada, which won the final gold medal. 温哥华冬季奥运会星期天闭幕。对东道国加拿大来说,他们把最后一枚金牌揽入囊

发表于:2019-01-04 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2010年3月

I went to Vancouver for a meeting this week. I have always liked Vancouver, and on top of that , my cousin Dominick just moved there. I got in touch with him and he invited me over to see his new place. On the way over, though, I got a little lost. I

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(42) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

By Craig McCulloch Vancouver 10 December 2007 A pig farmer who is believed to be Canada's worst serial killer was found guilty Sunday of second degree murder in the death of six women. This trial in a suburban Vancouver court involved the first six o

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA常速英语2007年(十二月)

Todd: OK, Mike, you are from Canada. Mike: That's right. Todd: So, actually I want to go to Canada for vacation. I've never been. What would you recommend for a Canadian vacation? Mike: Well, it really just depends on the kind of holiday that you wan

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

今天我们要学的词是in full swing。 In full swing, 意思是正在全力进行当中。 The London fashion festival is in full swing this week, 伦敦时装节这个星期进行得如火如荼。 The city council election is in full swing, 市政

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 英语单词荟萃

Women's ice hockey is still a relatively new addition to the Olympic movement, first introduced in Nagano, Japan at the 1998 Winter Olympics. This year, the U.S. Women's Hockey team is one of eight squads competing for a gold medal at the 2010 Winter

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Snowboard cross athlete Pierre Vaultier of France walks next to hay bales covered partially with snow at Cypress Mountain, 15 Feb. 2010 Thousands of fans who thought they would get to witness a Winter Olympics event got bad news because of the bad we

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Paralympic medals are displayed at the unveiling of Olympic and Paralympic medals at Olympic Village in Vancouver, 15 Feb 2010 The teams of athletes gathered in Vancouver for the Winter Olympics have trained and honed their skills to win medals. But

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Canada's national government and Vancouver Olympic organizers have poured millions of dollars into the Own the Podium Program to prepare for the Vancouver Games. But the effort has not produced as much Olympic success as hoped. Canadians are still ho

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Only a few blocks from the thousands of fans near the Olympic cauldron in Vancouver, a small non-profit organization is working to help women escape prostitution, drug abuse and violence. The Atira Women's Resource Society is hoping the Olympics will

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Bengt Walden of the United States competes during a men's singles luge training run at the Vancouver 2010 Olympics in Whistler, British Columbia, 13 Feb. 2010 Watch: Related report by Kane Farabaugh Windows Media As the first day of competition at th

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Eric Seelenfreund and his dog Murphy are part of the avalanche rescue team working for the 2010 Winter Olympics at Whistler Mountain Not all of the teams in Vancouver are here to compete. Some are here to save lives should the unthinkable happen. The

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Vancouver Winter Games officials have made some major changes to the viewing area by the Olympic cauldron that sits on a downtown waterfront plaza. The changes came after a huge public outcry. An unsightly tall, chain-link fence some 50 meters from t

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

One of the Inuit people's native symbols is being used as the the logo for the Vancouver Winter Olympics. Members of the indigenous tribe live in some of the most beautiful and isolated parts of Canada. The Inuit and other native peoples of Canada's

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

While the Iceland volcano has brought flights to and from parts of Europe to a stop, even New Zealand is affected. First, AirNZ has cancelled all flights to Los Angeles, Shanghai and Vancouver because these flights continue to the UK. AirNZ flies to

发表于:2019-01-26 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 新西兰英语

Two-time U.S. Olympian Erin Hamlin is the first American woman to win a luge world championship Two-time U.S. Olympian Erin Hamlin is the first American woman to win a luge world championship. In Vancouver, she is attempting to become the first U.S.

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(二月)

Justine: So thats the plan. We drive to San Francisco, then to Portland, then to Seattle, and then to Vancouver. Howie: What? Why are we driving to Vancouver instead of flying? Justine: Havent you noticed all of the fees the airlines are tacking on t

发表于:2019-02-25 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客