THE PRESIDENT: Please, everybody, have a seat. Good morning. AUDIENCE: Good morning. THE PRESIDENT: I have my two trusty assistants here -- (laughter) -- Malia and Sasha for one of the most important duties that I carry out as President. Before every

发表于:2018-12-18 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 美国总统演讲视频

8.Tale of Two Cities 8.双城记 Ten days ago , President Reagan admitted that although some people in this country seemed to be doing well nowadays, others were unhappy, even worried, about themselves, their families and their futures. The president

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 历史英雄名人演讲

The children sat on the corral fence as Cookie and the young woman talked to the policeman. So, the policeman said, writing in his notebook, youre the new head wrangler. The young woman nodded. My names Alyssa. Ive been riding here at the ranch since

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 114 A Horse Named Dragon

CHAPTER 1 A Farm for Sale The telephone gave a long, loud ring. Supper was over. Benny Alden was going through the hall. He answered it. Telephone, Grandfather! shouted Benny. Its for you. Long distance. Mr. Alden came to the telephone and said, Hell

发表于:2018-12-31 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 7 小木屋之谜 The Woodshed Mystery

Haiti's government and aid groups are struggling to respond to the housing needs of tens of thousands of people affected by last week's earthquake. Some people are trying to leave the damaged city behind. Buses stream out of the Haitian capital, pack

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

By Paula Wolfson President Bush says he will consider all kinds of ideas to reform the nation's intelligence community, including the sweeping plan put forward by a key senator. Senate Intelligence Co

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2004(下)--新闻盘点

美联社,新闻一分钟,evacuate,erergency,hurricane,Katrina,1:Parts of Louisiana may evacuate while Mississippi declares a state of emergency, as Hurricane Katrina appears to take aim at the region. 2:Top Sunnis in Iraq's government speak out against the count

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(132) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2005

1.From his ranch in Crawford, Texas, President Bush said Saturday that Pakistan's President Pervez Musharraf is making some positive steps. Pakistan has declared it will lift its state of emergency within a month. 2.Lights out on Broadway.More than t

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(99) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2007

American folklore is rich with tales of western cowboys - hard-working ranch hands who spent all day, every day, punching cows. That's cowpoke talk for herding, roping, and branding cattle under the sun and stars. Library of Congress Sharpshooter Nat

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(七)月

Broadcast: April 18, 2003 By Nancy Steinbach and Shelley Gollust This is Doug Johnson. On our program today, we play some doo-wop music... answer a listener's question about places in the United State

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(79) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA2003(上)-社会广角

1.The top US General in Iraq says he wants to stop withdrawing troops from Iraq this summer. He says after the current drawdown, the military will need some time to evaluate how many forces they will need to keep the situation steady there. And he s

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(115) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(四)月

President Bush says his biggest priorities for 2006 are winning the fight against terrorism and keeping the U.S. economy growing by creating more jobs. Opposition Democrats say the president is unfairly cutting spending on social programs. 布什总统

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 Bilingual News

This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. One of the great American success stories after World War Two was the rise of industrial farming. But now small is big. People who say they worry about their food and their environment are looking f

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(八)月

Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair testified before a public inquiry in London about the Iraq War. Mr. Blair remains adamant the decision to go to war against Saddam Hussein was right and necessary and he'd do it again. In long awaited testimon

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

Nancy Martiny has made it in a man's world. She started making western saddles as a hobby but there's now a three-year waiting list of people lined up to buy her designs. 南西马蒂尼开始制作马鞍时,只是为了兴趣。而现在,要买她

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA双语新闻 2011年4月

IN THE NEWS - Trial by Jury and What It Meant in the Michael Jackson Case By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, June 18, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. People are not alw

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

This is AP News Minute. Officials in Texas say sexual abuse is wide spread in this polygamist compound. Court documents also charged that the girls are spiritually married off to much older men as soon as they reach puberty. Authorities began invest

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 AP一分钟时事

1. Police seized dozens of documents from a West Texas polygamous ranch including marriage and birth certificates. Thats according to copies of search warrants released today. The records also refer to a cyanide poisoning document but offers no othe

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(118) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2008年(四)月

1. Michael Jackson fans may get a chance to say their goodbyes to the King of Pop this week. Officials in California have a meeting today reportedly about a possible memorial service at Jackson's Neverland Ranch on Friday. 2. The Minnesota Senate ra

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(95) / 评论(0) 分类 美联社新闻一分钟2009年(七)月

Bawling she, said that she would never leave Continued to torture me Telling me to come with her Underneath my comforter And she brought a gun with her Pills and some rum with her Tip me on the balcony telling me to jump with her Yeah Im in the ghost

发表于:2019-02-20 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音