What's your name? My name is Robert.You can call me Bob What is this? That's a pencil What is that? It's a desk. How do you say it in English? Eraser. How do you spell it? E-R-A-S-E-R. Please say it again. All right. Please speak more slowly. OK.list

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(64) / 评论(0) 分类 英语词组对话

by Jason Marshall A few weeks ago I had a Twitter conversation with the former host of QDTs Modern Manners Guy, Trent Armstrong, in which Trent said something along the lines of: I've always wondered how to tell how fast a football player is going ba

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(39) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

by Jason Marshall In the first secret-agent math article, How to Use Math to Send Encrypted Messages, we learned how to decrypt messages secured with absolutely unbreakable encryption using nothing more than simple integer arithmetic. It was all grea

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 数学英语

AMERICAN MOSAIC -February 22, 2002: Songs nominated for Grammy Awards/a question about Mormons/a center for people who want to become writers HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC — VOA’s radio magazin

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(85) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

A: What can I do for you? B: I need to know what time the library closes. A: The library will be closing at six. B: Does it close at six every day? A: No, it doesnt. B: Are you guys open on Saturdays? A: Yes, were open on Saturdays. B: What time does

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-图书馆

Tag questions are used when seeking confirmation of what one believes to be true. They restate, in question form, the previously spoken sentence. For example, He is an engineer. Isn't he? (Positive statement, negative tag) They're not from Colorado.

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(89) / 评论(0) 分类 跟我学英语入门篇

A: Will I get notification that I qualify for unemployment? B: The Employment Development Office will send you a Notice of Unemployment Insurance Award letter. A: What is contained in that letter? B: In addition to telling you how much you will recei

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 失业英语对话

Grammar Girl here. Today's topic is how to format questions. You think you already know this, don't you? I wonder if you're right. Everybody knows how write a plain vanilla question: What's new? They're called direct questions. But there are trickier

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(67) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

AMERICAN MOSAIC - October 11, 2002: Question About Native Alaskans / Music by Raphael Saadiq / TV's Oprah Winfrey Wins a Special Emmy HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC --VOA’s radio magazine in Speci

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(83) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

AMERICAN MOSAIC -August 2, 2002: Songs by Norah Jones / Question About the Library of Congress / Air Conditioner Turns 100 HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC — VOA’s radio magazine in Special Englis

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(80) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

AMERICAN MOSAIC -August 16, 2002: Question About American Families / Folk and Blues Music / Washington's Spy Museum HOST: Welcome to AMERICAN MOSAIC — VOA’s radio magazine in Special English. (THE

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(87) / 评论(0) 分类 American Mosaic

President Barack Obama's review of his strategy for Afghanistan and Pakistan, which he made public on Thursday, says the approach he announced a year ago is working. Still, the president acknowledged that progress is, in his words, fragile and revers

发表于:2019-01-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(十二)月

A: Did you need help with something? B: I dont know where to get my ballot. A: I can help you with that. B: How can you help me? A: I work here. B: Thats great. A: May I see your ID? B: Here it is. A: All right, here is your ballot card. B: What do I

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: Did you need help? B: Where do I go to pick up my ballot? A: Ill help you with that. B: Hows that? A: Im working here today. B: Thats wonderful. Thank you. A: Can I see your ID, please? B: Here you go. A: I have your ballot card right here. B: Wha

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-选举

A: May I ask you how much this position pays per year? B: This job pays sixty-five thousand dollars per year. A: What kind of benefits does this job have? B: This job provides full medical, dental, and disability. A: What type of vacation time do we

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: What is the annual salary for this job? B: The annual salary is sixty-five thousand dollars per year. A: What does the benefits package include? B: This job pays for half of your medical, dental, and disability. A: Do we get paid time off? B: You

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

A: What will I earn per year in this job? B: You can expect to earn sixty-five thousand dollars per year. A: Are we covered by a good benefits plan? B: The job has a menu plan where you are given a fixed amount of money and you choose what you most n

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-工作

By Laura Adams. Many of the listener emails and voicemails I've received lately have been about FDIC insurance. I see this is a popular topic, so I'll answer a few specific questions about FDIC coverage in this episode. Now, let's get to the great li

发表于:2019-01-20 / 阅读(130) / 评论(0) 分类 货币英语

Grammar Girl here. I get a lot of questions about things that are too short to make up a whole podcast, so today I'm going to answer a few of those short questions. So here's our first listener question. Dreamed Versus Dreamt Hi Grammar Girl. D. Chap

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(125) / 评论(0) 分类 英语语法 Grammar Girl

At his first press conference of the year, Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe has said his cabinet will reflect on war history. This echoes Emperor Akihito's call for the nation to learn from history in his New Year speech. Abe says the Japanese gove

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(91) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2015年