Beijing's Nine Gates International Jazz Festival is back this fall for the city's most discerning jazz lovers. Now in its sixth year, this year's concerts will take place at the Chaoyang Park Center Island Theater, National Library Concert Hall, Beij

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(108) / 评论(0) 分类 世界各地新闻集锦

Everywhere in the world old buildings, such as schools, hospitals, factories and even churches are left empty because they are no longer needed. It is usually difficult to find other companies to move into the old buildings, because the floor plan --

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 人教高中英语高二

AS IT IS 2013-12-14 Muslim Artists Break Down Stereotypes 穆斯林艺术家打破成见 Hello again and welcome back. This is As It Is from VOA Learning English. Im June Simms in Washington. Music piracy is a big problem in Malawi. Today Mario Ritte

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(96) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(十二)月

In 1975, Venezuelan musician Jose Antonio Abreu created a network of music education programs for children. It became known as El Sistema. As the director of El Sistema, Abreu was able to gain government support for the network, and turn it into one

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年VOA慢速英语(三)月

Tanglewood Music Center Celebrates 75th Anniversary 唐格尔伍德音乐中心庆祝建成75周年 The world famous Boston Symphony Orchestra normally performs at Symphony Hall in Boston, Massachusetts. But its summer home is the Tanglewood Music Ce

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Are you intelligent? 你够聪明吗? An intelligent person's opinions arebased on facts and not beliefs. 聪明人的想法以事实而非信仰为基础。 This has more to do with their skepticism. Unless and until they are presented with hard

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(54) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

International Jazz Day is usually celebrated each year on May 23. It is one day of the year when people around the world can celebrate this great music form. Jazz started in the USA and is America's only indigenous art form. Music lovers and musician

发表于:2018-12-29 / 阅读(26) / 评论(0) 分类 英语课程学习计划和讲义

Duke Ellington: One of the Most Popular Musicians of the Twentieth Century Written by Paul Thompson (THEME) VOICE ONE: I'm Richard Rael. VOICE TWO: And I'm Ray Freeman with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Every week we tell about

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 名人轶事

The first album of music from Chuck Berry in thirty-eight years is released this week, three months after his death. The album, called Chuck, has 10 songs, including eight written by Berry. A family affair The album has new songs that he had been wri

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(六)月

PEOPLE IN AMERICA - April 21, 2002: Charlie Parker By Vivian Bournazian VOICE 1: I'm Shirley Griffith. VOICE 2: And I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English program, People in America. Today, we t

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(100) / 评论(0) 分类 People in America

POP VERSUS ROCK Rock and pop music are becoming more and more similar, but there are still some important differences.Most pop singers make music their career.They use music to become rich and famous, and they sing songs that will be liked by everybo

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(152) / 评论(0) 分类 高中英语听力人教版第一册

Jazz 爵士乐 Jazz is an American style of modern music. 爵士乐是具有美国风格的现代音乐。 A long time ago, many African American people wanted to play musical instruments. 很久以前,很多美国黑人想弹奏乐器。 However,

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 与美国小学生一起学英文第9册

AS IT IS - The power of musicin Nigeria, Turkey and Pakistan Welcome to AS IT IS, from VOA Learning English. Im Christopher Cruise. Today, we report on the power of musicin Nigeria, Turkey and Pakistan. Ted Greenfield tells us about a band that is wo

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2013年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Welcome to THIS IS AMERICA in VOA Special English. I'm Shirley Griffith. If one album had to explain jazz, a strong candidate would be Kind of Blue by the trumpet player and bandleader Miles Davis. This week on our program, Steve Ember and Gwen Outen

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2010年VOA慢速英语(十)月

Longtime, But Unknown, Blues Musicians Release CD 一些不太知名的蓝调音乐家发行唱片 BB King. Clarence Gatemouth Brown. Elmore James. These are some famous names in American blues music. You might have heard them before. But none of tho

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 2015年VOA慢速英语(四)月

Vienna at that time was a marvelous place for young musicians to go to. It has always been a city of pleasure or frivolity right back to the middle ages. The city was the most crowded city in Europe at the time. It had a population of probably around

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力:文化博览2008年

台湾籍旅美老师今天交给我们的句子是: It says Some of your aspirations tend to be unrealistic which I'd say is my greatest fear always. That I'm aspiring to things that I don't deserve and that I'm not qualified to do. 上面写:你的

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(43) / 评论(0) 分类 留美老师带你每日说英文

Harpsichord The harpsichord was the most popular of the early keyboard instruments. The strings were made of metal and plucked with quills. The metallic sound was not pleasing to musicians ears, but Mozart figured out a way to make music sound more b

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(150) / 评论(0) 分类 名人认知系列 Who Was

Are you clever enough? 你够聪明吗? As a report suggests, There is growing evidence that musicians have structurally and functionally different brains compared with non-musicians. In particular, the areas of the brain used to process music are

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(122) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Musicians from Chinas National Symphony Orchestra are embracing the cultures of Yunnan province. Having visited in person, they composed pieces based on the regions music and performed them on site for the locals. The concert in the Grand Theater ope

发表于:2019-03-12 / 阅读(171) / 评论(0) 分类 cctv9英语新闻2016年