[00:01.72]Peeling Away Artifice for the Pure Original [00:05.55]Sarah came running in. Look what I found. [00:10.10]Over the top of the paper I was reading came a crispy, [00:13.55]crumbling long object that caused me to jump. [00:17.05]It was a snak

发表于:2018-11-30 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 英语专业晨读美文

A: I received an eviction notice from you, and I dont understand what it means. B: Well, you are behind in your rent; its a 30-day notice to vacate. A: You cant make me move just for being late with my rent. B: You have been late with your rent sever

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

A: What is this eviction notice for? B: The notice you received is a 30-day notice to vacate. A: Are you kidding me? B: I mentioned to you before that you need to keep up with your rent. This notice to evict is letting you know that I mean business.

发表于:2018-12-02 / 阅读(76) / 评论(0) 分类 地道英语对话-租房

It was winter. The streets were covered with snow. The air was cold outside. She was at a friend's house. They did not know what to do. She sat in the living room. Her friend sat beside her. They put on a movie. The movie was boring. They stopped pla

发表于:2018-12-04 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语第3级听力-English Level 3

Ladies and gentlemen of the convention: My name is Geraldine Ferraro. I stand before you to proclaim tonight: America is the land where dreams can come true for all of us. As I stand before the American people and think of the honor this great conve

发表于:2018-12-30 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 名人演讲

ENVIRONMENT REPORT -April 5, 2002: Antarctic Ice Breaks Off By Cynthia Kirk This is the VOA Special English ENVIRONMENT REPORT. A huge piece of ice the size of a small country has broken off Antarctic

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 健康与环境

You're as cold as ice You're willing to sacrifice our love You never take advice Someday you'll pay the price I know I've seen it before It happens all the time You're closing the door You leave the world behind You're digging for gold Yet throwing a

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 The Voice 美国好声音

Todd: OK, Chris, Friday the 13th is coming up. So, first of all, are you superstitious? Chris: Yes. When I play sports I'm superstitious. I have a lucky shirt and stuff like that. Todd: Oh, really? Chris: Yeah. Todd: So what's your lucky shirt? Chris

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(35) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

American Stories - Science Fiction: A Princess of Mars' by Edgar Rice Burroughs (Part 2) BOB DOUGHTY: Now, the VOA Special English program, American Stories. (MUSIC) Last week we brought you the first of four programs called A Princess of Mars. Our s

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(七)月

Agriculture Report - Rice Production Grows, but Not Everywhere This is the VOA Special English Agriculture Report. The United Nations is expecting the world to harvest more rice in twenty twelve than was produced last year. The UNs Food and Agricultu

发表于:2019-01-12 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 2012年VOA慢速英语(六)月

A: I would like to get my driver's license today. B: You will have to take your driving test. Have you taken it yet? A: I haven't taken it yet. B: Could you fill these papers out, please? A: Can I take my test right now? B: You need an appointment. A

发表于:2019-01-15 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语情景对话-驾驶

At the teachers' meeting, Raymond said, It's summer time, but my students are freezing. You could hang beef in my classroom. My students come from the hot, humid summer air into my icy classroom. The temperature change is making some of them sick. Th

发表于:2019-01-22 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英文短篇故事(纽约)

Todd: OK, Chris, Friday the 13th is coming up. So, first of all, are you superstitious? Chris: Yes. When I play sports I'm superstitious. I have a lucky shirt and stuff like that. Todd: Oh, really! Chris: Yeah. Todd: So what's your lucky shirt? Chris

发表于:2019-01-25 / 阅读(37) / 评论(0) 分类 英语趣味课堂

Todd: OK, Laura, I'm going to ask you questions about the post office in Hong Kong. OK, or just sending letters. How often do you write letters? Laura: Well, when I was young, I wrote quite often to my pen pals, but right now, instead of sending a le

发表于:2019-02-03 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 原版英语对话1000个

Residents of Jerusalem swarmed into the city's Old Train Station compound on the first day of this year's 'Ice City' Festival to embrace the long-awaited ice world. Three 12-year-old girls Einav, Yael and Maayan enjoy themselves on an ice slide featu

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

Idiom: Lesser of two evils ( unpleasant option, but not as bad as other ) Hit the book: Question: Is happiness nature or nurture? Eating ice cream really does make you happy. Scientists have found that a spoonful of the cold stuff lights up the same

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 趣味青春英语

Is this a size 14? 这是14号尺寸吗? Oh,it's a junior size. 噢,这个小号尺寸。 This is a nice dress.Do you have Size-5 of this design? 这件很好,这种款式有5号尺寸吗? I'll take this. 我买这个。 Where can I buy some

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(90) / 评论(0) 分类 十天学会简单英语

SometimesIgetafewpimplestoo. 有时候我还会长痘痘。 例句: A:Ineedtoupdatemycosmeticsforsummer.Whatcanyourecommendfordry,sensitiveskin?SometimesIgetafewpimplestoo. 我需要更新我夏天用的化妆品。对于干性,敏感性肌肤,您

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(124) / 评论(0) 分类 跟艾米莉一起学口语

承认吧。 You're Tired of Hearing About It 你真的听烦了 Life is too short to listen to people talk about the same problems over and over again. I have a friend who is often in victim mode. If she calls me to rant at the end of a long day, I'

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(103) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening

Nerver too old to learn 活到老学到老 Put it Into Practice 付诸实践 Skill based learning is useless if it isn't applied. Reading a book on C isn't the same thing as writing aprogram. Studying painting isn't the same as picking up a brush. If

发表于:2019-03-06 / 阅读(181) / 评论(0) 分类 英语听力广播—Listening