Thousands of Guineans turned out Friday to pay their respects to former President Lansana Conte, whose death this week sparked a military coup. Mutinous soldiers have consolidated power with the resignation of Guinea's prime minister. Guinean soldie

发表于:2018-12-08 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2008年(十二月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: I got to talk with the writer Emma Donoghue the other day. You might remember she got famous for her blockbuster novel Room, the one about a happy little boy growing up in horrifying conditions - born into captivity, mom abducted

发表于:2018-12-17 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台3月

Unit 12 Extending Life through Fun (II) Part I Warming up A. A1. First: kittens / cats Second: snakes A2. First: sweet / playful / affectionate / toy mouse / curl up / sleep/ clean Second: unusual / revolting / slimy / dry / poisonous / move / fascin

发表于:2018-12-27 / 阅读(28) / 评论(0) 分类 Step by Step2000

KELLY MCEVERS, HOST: This time of year it's pretty common to hear about people's New Year's resolutions to get in shape. And now it's easy to do that without leaving home. There are streaming videos of workouts and lots of apps. NPR's Chris Arnold ha

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

Nick Offerman Shares His Love Of Woodworking In 'Good Clean Fun' play pause stop mute unmute max volume 00:0005:57repeat repeat off Update Required To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your Flash

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 2016年NPR美国国家公共电台11月

By Efam Dovi Accra 11 October 2006 Ghana is denying a United Nations report saying that conflict diamonds from rebel-controlled areas of Ivory Coast are being smuggled into the West African nation. The report, expected to be submitted to the U.N. Se

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(121) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(十月)

By Greg Flakus New Orleans 13 May 2006 Former presidents George H.W. Bush, left, and Bill Clinton shake hands Former U.S. presidents George H. W. Bush and Bill Clinton have announced several grants to

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(102) / 评论(0) 分类 2006年VOA标准英语(五月)

Dmitry: Stan is really miffed at you. All of that teasing at lunch really upset him. Charlene: What? I was just poking fun at him for trying to hit on the new, young receptionist . Dmitry: You called him an old goat. Charlene: I said that tongue in c

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(59) / 评论(0) 分类 地道美语播客

歌词: Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck Some nights, I call it a draw Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off But I still wake up, I still see your ghost Oh Lord, I'm still not su

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(193) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲

歌词: Some nights, I stay up cashing in my bad luck Some nights, I call it a draw Some nights, I wish that my lips could build a castle Some nights, I wish they'd just fall off But I still wake up, I still see your ghost Oh Lord, I'm still not su

发表于:2019-03-02 / 阅读(146) / 评论(0) 分类 英文最新流行歌曲