IN THE NEWS - Bush Announces New Steps to Aid Afghanistan By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, June 19, 2004 This is Steve Ember with In the News in VOA Special English. President Bush this week annou

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

SCIENCE IN THE NEWS - Learning First Aid: What to Do Until Medical Help Arrives BOB DOUGHTY: This is SCIENCE IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. I'm Bob Doughty. PAT BODNAR: And Im Pat Bodnar. Today, we will provide a short guide to first aid. (MUSIC

发表于:2018-12-07 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 2011年VOA慢速英语(九)月

Why would a U.S. Government agency specializing in administering civilian foreign aid and development assistance, concern itself with religious freedom in the countries where it works? At USAID, we see freedom of worship as an essential element in ou

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(八月)

The U.S. Agency for International Development, or USAID, is reorienting its development work around two very simple principles. First, the purpose of our foreign assistance must be ending its need to exist, said USAID Administrator Mark Green. That's

发表于:2018-12-16 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2018年(八月)

DEVELOPMENT REPORT - Does Foreign Aid Work? Opinions Are Divided By Jill Moss Broadcast: Monday, December 19, 2005 I'm Steve Ember with the VOA Special English Development Report. Foreign aid is an im

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(55) / 评论(0) 分类 农业与发展

A measure called the Presidential Memorandum Regarding the Mexico City Policy will likely affect the lives of many women in developing countries. The memorandum was among the first executive orders signed by Donald Trump after he became president of

发表于:2019-01-02 / 阅读(61) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年VOA慢速英语(五)月

IN THE NEWS - Afghanistan Aid Conference By Cynthia Kirk Broadcast: Saturday, April 03, 2004 This is Steve Ember with IN THE NEWS in VOA Special English. Nations from around the world agreed this week

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 教育与新闻

SCOTT SIMON, HOST: Here's an idea that sounds pretty obvious. Before you spend lots of money on an aid program, wouldn't you want to run a test to make certain the program actually works? If you want to help farmers, should you buy them seeds or just

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(62) / 评论(0) 分类 2017年NPR美国国家公共电台1月

With Christmas upon us, many of us are much more likely to respond to charity advertisements featuring hardship and poverty. But in an article for the BBC, UK charity founder Georgie Fienberg argues for an end to what she calls pity aid, and for peop

发表于:2019-01-19 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英闻天下

A country maid was walking along with a can of milk upon her head,when she fell into the following train of reflections.The money for which I shall sell this milk will enable me to increase my stock of eggs to three hundred,These eggs,allowing for wh

发表于:2019-01-30 / 阅读(57) / 评论(0) 分类 精美英文欣赏

Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, in a Washington policy address Wednesday said the Obama administration intends to put development and foreign aid on the same level as diplomacy and military power in U.S. foreign policy. She also said empowering w

发表于:2019-02-04 / 阅读(88) / 评论(0) 分类 VOA标准英语2010年(一月)

BEIJING, Aug. 17 (Xinhua) -- Charity foundations from the United States and China are to jointly carry out a 10-year program to help Chinese with hearing loss. The Audiology Development Foundation of China launched the initiative on Friday with the A

发表于:2019-02-06 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

A United Nations agency says more than one million people in Zimbabwe are in urgent need of food aid. The World Food Program says about $42 million is needed to get people through the lean season until the March harvest begins. The agency said Monday

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(41) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama has pledged a wide-ranging response for farmers and ranchers to the one of the worst droughts in more than 50 years. Obama said in his weekly address Saturday the current corn crop is in poor or very poor condition and cat

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(38) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Sept. 25 (Xinhua) -- Christine Lagarde, Managing Director of the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Sunday met Greece's Finance Minister Evangelos Venizelos in Washington on the sidelines of the annual meetings of the Washington-based IMF

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

At ten in the morning I was laughing at something At the airport terminal At nine in the evening I was sitting crying to you over the phone Well passing the border from a state to another Filled with people whom I couldn't help to relate to And we st

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(69) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Voice 1 Welcome to Spotlight. Im Joshua Leo. Voice 2 And Im Liz Waid. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand - no matter where in the world they live. Voice 3 Most of us do not think about a cri

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(33) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

Voice 1 Thank you for joining us for todays Spotlight. Im Liz Waid. Voice 2 And Im Joshua Leo. Spotlight uses a special English method of broadcasting. It is easier for people to understand no matter where in the world they live. Voice 1 Waves of oce

发表于:2019-02-21 / 阅读(52) / 评论(0) 分类 环球英语 Spotlight

And you said, Don't give me nothing you don't want to lose I said, Darling, I'll give you everything I got if I want them to choose Then I got on a plane and flew far away from you Though unwillingly I left and it was so, so hard to do The streets he

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(106) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

Han Junwen, an Aid-Tibet program agricultural expert from northwest China's Shaanxi province, brought forage seeds to the remote area in 2005. When he first came to the county, he was shocked by what he saw large plots of barren land. Since the count

发表于:2019-03-04 / 阅读(94) / 评论(0) 分类 2015CRI中国国际广播电台