To begin with, let's listen to a song called There's No Place Like Home for the Holidays. There's No Place Like Home For The Holidays Perry Como Oh, there's no place like home for the holidays 'Cause

发表于:2018-12-11 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 全新版大学英语综合教程

By Ray McDonald Washington 12 February 2007 The 49th annual Grammy Award ceremony saw the U.S. recording industry embrace one of its more controversial acts - while at the same time acknowledging the drawing power of a major competitor. VOA's Ray Mc

发表于:2019-01-06 / 阅读(110) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

By Mary Morningstar Washington 29 January 2007 The 49th annual Grammy Awards will be handed out in Los Angeles on February 11. VOA's Mary Morningstar takes a look at this year's contenders in the Country categories. Taking the Long Way The Dixie Chi

发表于:2019-01-08 / 阅读(75) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(一月)

There's a cold feelin' Runnin' up and down my spine It seems to say We're Just Wastin'Time It's like a bad movie One I wish I'd never seen The plot gets old, Do you know what mean? Don't try to tell me it ain't what it is Chorus: I'm Good I'm good a

发表于:2019-01-09 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

The moon is full and my arms are empty All night long Ive pleaded and cried You always said the day that you would leave me Would be a cold day in July Your bags are packed not a word is spoken I guess we said everything with good-bye Time moves so

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(44) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

By Mike O'Sullivan Los Angeles 12 February 2007 The Dixie Chicks were the big winners at Grammy Awards, Sunday. The singers earned five Grammys -- the highest American music industry honors. Mike O'Sullivan reports from Los Angeles, the evening mark

发表于:2019-01-11 / 阅读(77) / 评论(0) 分类 2007年VOA标准英语(二月)

RACHEL MARTIN, HOST: The National Memorial Day Concert on the Mall in Washington, D.C., was held last night. And as is always the case when we remember our nation's fallen, we do it with a particular soundtrack. (SOUNDBITE OF SONG, THE STAR-SPANGLED

发表于:2019-01-16 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 2018年NPR美国国家公共电台5月

Topics: McCarthyism and the House Committee on Un-American Activities; Famous Songs: Dixie; to overrate versus to overestimate; that versus so; the stakes are too high Words: McCarthyism Red Scare to play on demagogue hearing to blacklist to change (

发表于:2019-02-23 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 美语听力 English Cafe