WASHINGTON, March 19 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama left on Tuesday night for a three-day visit to the Middle East, with focus on Iran's nuclear program, the Syrian conflict and the Israeli-Palestinian peace process. The trip to Israel, the

发表于:2019-01-07 / 阅读(47) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

There's a new wind blowing like I've never known. I'm breathing deeper then I've ever done. And it sure feels good to finally feel the way I do. Now I wanna love somebody, love somebody like you. And I'm letting go of all my lonely yesterdays. I've

发表于:2019-01-10 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 美国乡村音乐

President Barack Obama says congressional leaders from both political parties need to do the right thing and work with him to achieve the largest possible compromise to cut deficit spending and raise the national debt limit. Mr. Obama used a news con

发表于:2019-01-31 / 阅读(63) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON The White House has released a recent photo of President Barack Obama shooting a shotgun, in response to a lawmaker who questioned whether he had ever been skeet shooting. The president's top communications adviser, Dan Pfeiffer, sent the

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(65) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Obama calls for debt reduction in balanced manner WASHINGTON, Nov. 9 (Xinhua) -- The United States should cut its mounting public debt in a balanced manner with a plan including both government spending cuts and revenue increases, U.S. President Bara

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(74) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama aims to cut the country's corporate tax rate from 35 to 28 percent, while eliminating dozens of tax-saving deductions American companies now enjoy. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner unveiled the tax overhaul Wednesday, t

发表于:2019-02-07 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Obama Tours Storm-Ravaged Louisiana U.S. President Barack Obama left the campaign trail on the eve of his party's nominating convention to visit with Louisiana residents hard-hit by Hurricane Isaac. Obama toured St. John the Baptist Parish late Monda

发表于:2019-02-08 / 阅读(60) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

THE WHITE HOUSE President Barack Obama and his Republican opponent, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, were back on the campaign trail Wednesday, after Tuesday night's contentious debate. Both candidates tried to build on the points they made

发表于:2019-02-09 / 阅读(49) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obamas surprise trip to Afghanistan on the first anniversary of the death of Osama bin Laden is the latest indication that foreign policy and national security issues will matter this election year, even if most political analysts pr

发表于:2019-02-11 / 阅读(40) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Obama, Congress Face 'Fiscal Cliff' Newly re-elected U.S. President Barack Obama and his political opponents in Congress are facing an end-of-the-year deadline to reach a deal on taxes and spending cuts that has proved both contentious and elusive fo

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(50) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama said in his weekly address that the core U.S. objective for going to war in Afghanistan is within reach. The president said Saturday the goal of ensuring that al-Qaida will never be able to use Afghanistan again to launch

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(45) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

Americans Give Obama More Time LOS ANGELES President Barack Obama has won election to a second term in the White House after a hard-fought campaign against Republican challenger Mitt Romney. Obama, a Democrat, won support in the key battleground stat

发表于:2019-02-13 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

President Barack Obama says there has been enormous progress in the U.S. relationship with Brazil, though more work needs to be done. The president spoke after Oval Office talks with Brazil's president, Dilma Rousseff, covering bilateral economic and

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(58) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, March 5 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama said on Monday that there is still a window for a diplomatic resolution on Iran's nuclear issue, while the visiting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu insisted that Israel reserved th

发表于:2019-02-14 / 阅读(46) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

In remarks in Washington on Tuesday, President Barack Obama denounced a $3.5-trillion Republican budget plan, saying it would harm middle class Americans and set back the nation's economic recovery. Mr. Obama's speech sharpened his message to voters

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(56) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama has ordered stricter sanctions on Iran's government and central bank, citing deceptive practices by Iranian banks to conceal transactions. In an executive order released Monday, the president said other factors for imposin

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(51) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

The U.S. economy added fewer jobs than expected in April, marking the second straight month of slow growth. President Barack Obama is putting the best face on the jobs numbers, one day before the official start of his re-election campaign. U.S. job g

发表于:2019-02-18 / 阅读(53) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, July 20 (Xinhua) -- U.S. President Barack Obama Friday said he was shocked by the tragic shooting in Colorado, which killed 12, and his administration would endeavor to help victims in this tragedy. Michelle and I are shocked and saddened

发表于:2019-02-19 / 阅读(48) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

WASHINGTON, Feb. 14 (Xinhua) -- Chinese Vice President Xi Jinping met here Tuesday with U.S. President Barack Obama at the White House and delivered to him a letter from Chinese President Hu Jintao. Hu said in the letter that he would like to make jo

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(82) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻

U.S. President Barack Obama says there is no silver bullet solution to offset rising gas prices, despite promises of $2-a-gallon gasoline by some politicians. During his weekly address Saturday, Mr. Obama said developing new energy sources such as wi

发表于:2019-02-26 / 阅读(68) / 评论(0) 分类 英语新闻