英语PK台 第128期:租房,活力小公寓
英语课
Dialogue:
Jingjing: Hey, Xiao Gao, are you still looking for a new place?
京晶:嗨,小高,你还在找房子吗?
Xiao Gao: Yeah, I'm looking for something on the East side 1 of Beijing, time to shake 2 things up a bit 3.
小高:是啊,我想找一个北京东边的房子,是时候改变一下了。
Jingjing: I thought 4 you liked the West side.
京晶:我还以为你喜欢西边的房子。
Xiao Gao: I do, but I'm always pressed 5 for time when I go to work in the morning cuz it's a long drive.
小高:我是喜欢西边的房子,但是我每天早上上班的时候总是很赶时间,因为路程太远了。
Jingjing: I hear ya,traffic is really bad in the morning. I make good time by riding my bike to and from work every day. Anyways, what kind of apartment 6 are you looking for?
京晶:我明白,早上的交通实在不太好。为了省时间我每天骑车上下班。那你想找什么样的房子呢?
Xiao Gao: The bigger, the better.
小高:越大越好。
Jingjing: Well, I'll keep my eyes peeled 7 for you. If I see any I think you might 8 like, I'll holler at you.
京晶:好吧,我会帮你留意的。如果我看到你可能会喜欢的房子,我会告诉你的。
Xiao Gao: Thanks!
小高:谢啦!
习语短语
1. place = 住所 (my place; yourplace)
2. time to shake things up abit = 是时候改变一下了
3. pressed for time =做某事时间紧迫
4. cuz = because 因为(口头语)
5. I hear ya. = 我明白。
6. make good time =加速做某事
7. The bigger, the better. = 越大越好。
8. keep one's eyes peeled forsomething = 仔细留意某事
9. holler = 叫喊;告知
1 side
n.边,旁边;面,侧面
- The shop is on the west side of the street.商店在街道的西边。
- There was a lot of people on every side. 到处都是人。
2 shake
n./vt.(shook;shaken)震动;颤抖;vi.摇动,摇
- Let's shake hands and be friends.让我们握手做朋友。
- Shake,shake,shake your shoulders,shake them up and down.耸耸肩,从上到下耸耸肩。
3 bit
n.一点儿,少量;钻头;马嚼子;辅币,位,比特(二进位制信息单位);v.控制
- I'm just going out for a bit.我正打算出去一会儿。
- When did you change the bit?什么时候换的钻头?
4 thought
n.想法,思想,思维,思潮,关心,挂念;v.vbl.think的过去式和过去分词
- It was just a thought.这仅仅是一个想法。
- She thought he had a cold.她认为他感冒了。
5 pressed
adj.紧缺的;(食物)压成某种形状的;压平的;金钱(或空间、时间等) 有限v.按( press的过去式和过去分词 );逼迫;压榨;使紧贴
- She pressed him to her bosom. 她紧紧地把他抱在胸前。
- You would be hard-pressed to find a better secretary. 找一位更好的秘书很难。
6 apartment
n.(美)公寓住宅,公寓房间;单元房间
- How big is the apartment?这公寓有多大?
- Remember to clean your apartment.记得打扫你的公寓。
标签:
英语PK台