英语听力 暮光之城•暮色 第274期:第十六章 卡莱尔(12)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
I struggled to free myself, but Edward merely readjusted me so that I was somewhat more conventionally seated on his lap. 我挣扎着想要挣脱出来,但爱德华只是稍微让我调整了一下,这样我就能用比较正常的姿势坐在他的膝盖上了。
I could see it was Alice, then, and Jasper behind her in the doorway 1. My cheeks burned, but Edward seemed at ease. 我看见,门口的是爱丽丝,还有紧跟在她身后的贾斯帕。我的脸颊灼热起来,但爱德华还是一副怡然自得的样子。
Go ahead. Edward was still chuckling 2 quietly. “进来吧。”爱德华依然安静地轻笑着。
Alice seemed to find nothing unusual in our embrace; she walked — almost danced, her movements were so graceful 3 — 爱丽丝似乎不觉得我们的拥抱有任何不寻常之处。她走了进来——
to the center of the room, where she folded herself sinuously 4 onto the floor. 几乎是在翩翩起舞,她的动作是那么的优雅——走到了屋子的中间,然后叠起腿蜷坐在地板上。
Jasper, however, paused at the door, his expression a trifle shocked. 但是,贾斯帕却停在了门外,他的表情有些许震惊。
He stared at Edward's face, and I wondered if he was tasting the atmosphere with his unusual sensitivity. 他注视着爱德华的脸,我想知道他是否透过他不同寻常的敏感感受到了这里的气氛。
It sounded like you were having Bella for lunch, and we came to see if you would share, Alice announced. “听起来你正要把贝拉当成午餐,我们过来看看你是否愿意分一杯羹。”爱丽丝宣布道。
I stiffened 5 for an instant, until I realized Edward was grinning — whether at her comment or my response, I couldn't tell. 我的身体僵硬了一瞬间,之后就看到了爱德华正在坏笑,不知道是对于爱丽丝的问题还是我的反应。
Sorry, I don't believe I have enough to spare, he replied, his arms holding me recklessly close. “抱歉,我不相信我还有剩余的可供分享。”他回答道,他的胳膊满不在乎地紧抱着我。
Actually, Jasper said, smiling despite himself as he walked into the room, Alice says there's going to be a real storm tonight, “确实如此。”贾斯帕说着,不再有所顾忌地笑了起来,走进房间里。“爱丽丝说今晚将要有一场真正的暴风雨,
and Emmett wants to play ball. Are you game? 艾美特想去打棒球,你来吗?”
The words were all common enough, but the context confused me. I gathered that Alice was a bit more reliable than the weatherman, though. 这些话很寻常,但它的逻辑关系却让我困惑起来。但我还是抓住了一点,爱丽丝比天气预报员要更可靠些。
1 doorway
n.门口,(喻)入门;门路,途径
- They huddled in the shop doorway to shelter from the rain.他们挤在商店门口躲雨。
- Mary suddenly appeared in the doorway.玛丽突然出现在门口。
2 chuckling
轻声地笑( chuckle的现在分词 )
- I could hear him chuckling to himself as he read his book. 他看书时,我能听见他的轻声发笑。
- He couldn't help chuckling aloud. 他忍不住的笑了出来。 来自汉英文学 - 骆驼祥子
3 graceful
adj.优美的,优雅的;得体的
- His movements on the parallel bars were very graceful.他的双杠动作可帅了!
- The ballet dancer is so graceful.芭蕾舞演员的姿态是如此的优美。
标签:
英语听力