英语听力 暮光之城·暮色 第356期:第二十四章 僵局(3)
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:暮光之城•暮色
英语课
Don't I taste as good as I smell? I smiled in response. That hurt my face. “我尝起来跟闻起来一样好吗?”我报以一笑。笑容扯痛了我的脸。
Even better better than I'd imagined. “还要更好些甚至比我想象过的还有好。”
I'm sorry, I apologized. “对不起。”我道歉道。
He raised his eyes to the ceiling. Of all the things to apologize for. 他翻着眼睛,看着天花板。“在所有应该道歉的事情中。”
What should I apologize for? “那我应该为什么而道歉?”
For very nearly taking yourself away from me forever. “为你差一点就让自己永远地离开我。”
I'm sorry, I apologized again. “对不起。”我再次道歉。
I know why you did it. His voice was comforting. It was still irrational 1, of course. You should have waited for me, you should have told me. “我知道你为什么要这样做。”他的声音有着安抚的味道。“当然,这样做还是很不理智。你应该等着我的,你应该告诉我的。”
You wouldn't have let me go. “你不会让我走的。”
No, he agreed in a grim 2 tone 3, I wouldn't. “是的,”他用冷酷的语气赞同道。“我不会这样做的。”
Some very unpleasant memories were beginning to come back to me. I shuddered 4, and then winced 5. 某些很不愉快的回忆开始闯入我的脑海。我颤抖着,然后畏缩起来。
He was instantly anxious. Bella, what's wrong? 他立刻焦急起来。“贝拉,怎么了?”
What happened to James? “詹姆斯怎么了?”
After I pulled him off you, Emmett and Jasper took care of him. There was a fierce note of regret in his voice. “在我把他从你身上拖开以后,艾美特和贾斯帕料理了他。”他的语气里有着一种尖锐的后悔。
This confused me. I didn't see Emmett and Jasper there. 这话让我困惑起来。“我没看见艾美特和贾斯帕在那里。”
They had to leave the room… there was a lot of blood. “他们不得不离开那间屋子……到处都是血。”
But you stayed. “可你留下来了。”
Yes, I stayed. “是的,我留下来了。”
And Alice, and Carlisle… I said in wonder. “还有爱丽丝和卡莱尔……”我惊奇地说道。
They love you, too, you know. “他们也爱你,你知道的。”
A flash of painful images from the last time I'd seen Alice reminded me of something. Did Alice see the tape? I asked anxiously. 痛苦的画面一闪而过,我最后一次看见爱丽丝时的情景提醒了我某件事。“爱丽丝看了那卷带子没?”我焦急地问道。
1 irrational
adj.无理性的,失去理性的
- After taking the drug she became completely irrational.她在吸毒后变得完全失去了理性。
- There are also signs of irrational exuberance among some investors.在某些投资者中是存在非理性繁荣的征象的。
2 grim
adj.严酷的,令人害怕的,不愉快的,讨厌的
- I've had a grim day.我过了不愉快的一天。
- His expression was grim when he told them they had lost their jobs.当他告诉他们说他们已被解雇时,他的表情十分冷酷。
3 tone
n.语气,音调,气度,色调;vt.(up)增强
- There was a tone of mockery in his voice.他说话的语气含有嘲笑的意味。
- Holmes used an informal,chatty tone in his essays.霍姆斯在文章中语气轻松随便。
标签:
英语听力