影视剧中的职场美语 第94期:事有蹊跷
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Truth be told, uh, Mr. Blauner isn't officially a missing person, but his fiancee has a cousin at the mayor's office. So, here we are.
情况是这样的,布劳纳先生还不算正式的失踪人口但他未婚妻的表兄在市长办公室工作。所以,就变成现在这样了。
Here we are.
原来如此。
Hey, that's not to say though that there aren't some things that concern me.
当然不能不说有些事情的确比较蹊跷。
Really? Such as?
是吗?比如?
Well, the fax that came into White's office came from a copy shop, but Blauner had a fax machine at his house.
传真至怀特先生办公室的辞职信来自于一家复印店,但是布劳纳先生家里就有传真机。
Okay.
然后呢?
And about a half hour after he resigned, his car was seen leaving the GATE garage.
在他辞职半小时后,有人看到他的车驶离GATE公司的车库。
Now, the driver couldn't be identified, but it appeared as though a woman's hands were seen gripping the steering 1 wheel.
尽管无法辨别司机的相貌,但看起来似乎是一双女人的手在握着方向盘。
Let me stop you right there.
我打断您一下。
It always seemed to me that Mr. Blauner was, how can I put this delicately, um, a swordsman.
我总觉得布劳 纳先生…我该怎么措辞呢, 嗯,像个剑客。
You know what I mean?
你明白我的意思吗?
Actually, I don't.
不,不太明白。
He might be dipping his snout into a different trough, and the fiancee is none the wiser.
他可能移情别恋,而他未婚妻根本不知道。
From what I've, uh, heard about him from his other co-workers,that doesn't sound too likely.
据我从其他同事那里的了解,似乎跟您的描述不太一致。