影视剧中的职场美语 第18期:介绍新同事
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Everyone, if you haven't met her, this is my new executive assistant Betty Suarez.
各位,要是你们还没见过她,她是我的新首席助理Betty Suarez。
Hi.
嗨。
She used to work at mode till just recently. Quite a different vibe here, hmm?
她不久前曾经在《时尚》工作。这里气氛很不一样吧?
Wow. Yeah. For starters, it's nice to see people actually eat.
哇,是的。首先,很高兴看到正常吃东西的人
and it's nice to work with people of all different colors and shapes and sizes and and handicaps.
很高兴看到不同肤色不同体形不同身材的人——还有行动不便的人。
Handicapable.
能干的人。
Right. I'm sorry. I…
对。抱歉,我…
Betty, you are our fish.
你就是我们的鹤。
Excuse me?
什么?
Our fish out of water. Put down that coffee and pick up a pencil.
我们立于鸡群的鹤。放下咖啡,拿起笔。
I want you to quickly write an article all about your experience working at mode.
我要你马上写一篇关于你在《时尚》的工作经历的文章。
Talk to the people that you interacted with. And, Betty, get me good, honest quotes, hmm?
跟你以前合作过的人谈谈,而且,Betty,给我真实的感受好吗?
A normal fish in sharkinfested waters.
在充斥着鲨鱼水域里的一条普通小鱼。
It's great! Get started. 600 words by tomorrow. And, girls, come on. We have a magazine to launch.
太棒了!开始写吧。600字,明天交给我。姑娘们,开始吧。咱们还得做杂志呢。