时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语


英语课

  Is it racist 1 that I took you to an Indian restaurant?

带你来印度餐厅算是种族歧视吗 ?

It's okay, I like Indian food.

没关系 我喜欢印度菜。

Or as you probably call it back home, "food."

或者你可以宾至如归地称它为"家乡菜"。

Why didn't you wear your contacts?

你为什么不戴隐形眼镜了?

Don't you like them?

不喜欢吗?

No, no, I do.

不 不 我喜欢。

It's just I knew I was having curry 2 tonight.

只是我知道今晚要吃咖喱。

and I only want one part of my body to burn at a time.

一个部位的灼痛就够我应付的了。

You know...

知道吗…

my company offered me a position here in Los Angeles.

公司向我提供了一个职位 就在洛杉矶 ...

Does that mean you'd relocate here permanently 3?

那意味着你会在这里定居了吗?

Maybe. What do you think?

也许吧 你觉得怎样?

I love it.

双手赞成。

That's great!

太棒了!

Hi!

吃着呢。

Hi! Just hang on.

等我一下

Small world.

世界真小啊。



1 racist
n.种族主义者,种族主义分子
  • a series of racist attacks 一连串的种族袭击行为
  • His speech presented racist ideas under the guise of nationalism. 他的讲话以民族主义为幌子宣扬种族主义思想。
2 curry
n.咖哩粉,咖哩饭菜;v.用咖哩粉调味,用马栉梳,制革
  • Rice makes an excellent complement to a curry dish.有咖喱的菜配米饭最棒。
  • Add a teaspoonful of curry powder.加一茶匙咖喱粉。
3 permanently
adv.永恒地,永久地,固定不变地
  • The accident left him permanently scarred.那次事故给他留下了永久的伤疤。
  • The ship is now permanently moored on the Thames in London.该船现在永久地停泊在伦敦泰晤士河边。
标签: 职场美语
学英语单词