影视剧中的职场美语 第41期:未能入选
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
I assume 1 these will end up on my desk again this year.
我想这些今年又得停留在我桌上了。
Doesn't hurt to apply,does it?
申请一下总没关系,不是吗?
Christina,as much as I'd love to help you,there's only room for ten up-and-coming designers for the show.
克里斯蒂娜,我很像帮你,但能入选展览的新生设计师只有10个,
This is somewhat,um…interesting.
这个,挺有意思。
Really?Because,well,I did try something that was a bit different,so…
真的?可能因为我尝试加入了一些不同的元素,所以…
Last year your designs were a bit too bohemian.
你去年的风格太波西米亚式了。
Your exacrt words were hippie hideous 2.
你的原话是相当怪异。
It's not just about the desings.
我指的并不仅仅是设计。
Christina,it's about the designer.
克里斯蒂娜,还有设计师本身。
What do you mean?
你什么意思?
Don't be afraid of office politics.
不要害怕办公室政治。
Do favors for the right people.
选择为正确的人办事。
You just might get rewarded at the end.
最后,你会因此受益。
Unfortunately,that is the cruel reality in this business.
很不幸,这就是这一行残酷的现状。
Okay,you can stop right there.
好了,不用再说了。
I know exactly how you work,Wilhelmina.
我了解你的处世方式,威廉敏娜。
Well,I'd rather make it on my own.Thanks.
不过,我只想按照自己的方式做。谢了。
Admirable,but stupid.
这让我很佩服,但也很愚蠢。
Well…It's too bad.
很不幸
Those were your best designs yet.
那些是你目前为止最好的设计。
But you are a wonderful seamstress.
不过,你真是个好裁缝。