时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语


英语课

  I was clear with Parker. I...

我和帕克说得很清楚 我...

I won't go to court.

我不会上庭的

But you need to testify 1.

但是你需要出庭作证的

Are you whing?

你在发牢骚吗

I am giving you my expert legal opinion,

我是在向你提供专业法律建议

which is...

那就是

That you can't let your rich son-of-a-bitch husband

你不能让你那有钱的混账老公

cheat on you and pay you off with a measly 100 grand.

对你不忠 却只给你10万了事

Parker thought that you could find a middle ground.

帕克觉得你能找到折中的方法

That's why he scheduled this settlement conference.

所以他安排了这个和解会议

I thought you were up to speed.

我以为你知道的

Mrs. Wellner, how much do you think you're worth?

维尔纳夫人 你觉得自己值多少钱

Why?

为什么这么问

Because if you don't think you're worth much,

如果连你都不觉得自己有价值

why should he?

他就更不会了

I gave up my career.

我放弃了我的事业

I raised our children.

我养大了我们的孩子

I loved him unconditionally 2.

我无条件地爱他

I think that should be worth something.

我想这些是有价值的

I think that should be worth...

我想应该值...

half.

一半

Then that's what we'll get.

那我们就要这么多。



1 testify
v.证明,证实,作证
  • The fingerprint expert was asked to testify at the trial.指纹专家应邀出庭作证。
  • I can testify to this man's veracity and good character.我可以作证,此人诚实可靠,品德良好。
2 unconditionally
adv.无条件地
  • All foreign troops must be withdrawn immediately and unconditionally. 所有外国军队必须立即无条件地撤出。
  • It makes things very awkward to have your girls going back unconditionally just now! 你们现在是无条件上工,真糟糕! 来自子夜部分
标签: 职场美语