影视剧中的职场美语 第44期:加班
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Until this deal closes, we work through lunch.
这笔生意谈成前,我们只能边吃边干活。
But as a consolation 1, we'll also be working nights.
不过作为安慰,我们晚上也要加班。
Nights? You really think that's necessary?
晚上? 你真觉得有必要?
This is a $10 million deal, Carlos.
这可是1000 万的大生意,Carlos,
How bad do you want it?
难道你不想要吗?
You heard the woman, we're working nights.
你们听到她的话了,我们晚上加班。
Um, I have a tiny scheduling conflict.
嗯,我时间上有点小冲突。
I coach my daughter's basketball team on Friday nights. So if I could…
周五晚上,我要带女儿的篮球队,我是不是可以…
Friday nights are now work nights.
周五晚上现在是工作时间了。
If we're successful, those of you on commission stand to do very well.
如果成功了,你们中表现好的会获得奖金,
And those of you who aren't?
那些表现不好的?
Well, you get to keep your jobs, which in this economy is a bonus all by itself.
就得想办法保住饭碗了,毕竟这世道自己找工作可不容易。
All right, let's run down to the deli, grab a sandwich and meet back here in five.
好吧,都冲到快餐店买个三明治回来.五分钟后在这里开会。
You. No touching 2.
你.不准乱碰。
And, yes, I'll know.
是的,我看得出来。
Isn't she fun?
她可真有意思。
Hey, Carlos.
嘿,Carlos,
Did I ever tell you that Tom and I seriously considered you and Gaby for Penny's godparents?
不知道我有没有跟你说起Tom和我曾认真考虑过你和Gaby做Penny 的教母。
You're not getting Friday nights off.
周五晚上你不能翘班。
Look, I'm not happy about the schedule either.
听着,我也不满这样的安排。
I'm missing my kids, too.
我也想念孩子们。
Then do something about it. You're the president. Put the brakes on Lucy.
那就行动起来啊,你是总裁,刹刹Lucy 的威风。
Lynette, I hired her to crack the whip, and that's what she's doing.
我雇她当黑面领袖,这是她的本分。
It's good for the company.
这对公司是好事。
But she makes people crazy.
但她快把大家逼疯了。
Can't you talk to her, get her to dial it down a bit?
你就不能和她谈谈,让她略微放慢点节奏?
- The children were a great consolation to me at that time.那时孩子们成了我的莫大安慰。
- This news was of little consolation to us.这个消息对我们来说没有什么安慰。