影视剧中的职场美语 第65期:预订场地
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Blair:Hello? Anybody home? Epperly, meet my good friend Chuck Bass 1.
布雷尔:嗨 有人在家吗? 艾波利,这是我的好朋友恰克拜斯。
Epperly:Nice to meet you, Mr.Bass.
艾波利:很高兴见到你,拜斯先生。
Blair:That's Nate. Chuck, we need a favor 2.
布雷尔:这是内特。恰克我们需要你帮忙。
The magazine lost its space for the kickoff party tonight, and Epperly and I both agree the Empire would be the perfect replacement 3.
我们的杂志需要一个今晚开幕派对的场地,艾波利跟我都觉得帝国大厦是个完美的选择。
Chuck:Sadly, the Empire is spoken for, but the palace is available.
恰克:很不幸,帝国大厦已经被预定了,但皇宫酒店还是可以的。
Blair:The palace...would lend an air of old-world sophistication to the evening.
布雷尔:皇宫酒店...可以给派对增加点复古的感觉。
Epperly:I'd have to check with Florence's manager. Do you have a stage?
艾波利:我得和弗洛伦斯的经纪人去看一下。你们有舞台么?
Blair:They'll have one by tonight.
布雷尔:今晚会搞定。
Epperly:Okay. I can get behind that.
艾波利:好的,接下来的就交给我处理吧。
Blair:And that brings me to another point of business.
布雷尔:这样我又想到了一件事情。
Nate, would you show Epperly the view from the roof?
内特,你可以带艾波利去屋顶看一下吗?
It's something you must see.
有样东西你一定要看一下。
Chuck:Excellent idea. I need to speak to Blair alone for a moment.
恰克:好极了,我需要跟布雷尔单独聊一会儿。
Looks like our favorite upper east sinners just found the answer to their prayers 4.
看样子我们东区的富贵闲人刚刚实现了他们的祈祷。
Blair:I need your help.
布雷尔:我需要你的帮忙。
- He answered my question in a surprisingly deep bass.他用一种低得出奇的声音回答我的问题。
- The bass was to give a concert in the park.那位男低音歌唱家将在公园中举行音乐会。
- She is out of favor with her employer.她失去了雇主的欢心。
- The new teacher finds favor in the eyes of the parents.那位新老师很受家长的欢迎。
- We are hard put to find a replacement for our assistant.我们很难找到一个人来代替我们的助手。
- They put all the students through the replacement examination.他们让所有的学生参加分班考试。