影视剧中的职场美语 第73期:后悔不已
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Chandler:Ah sure. What's in 'em?
钱德勒:那里面是什么?
Phoebe:Umm, cups.
菲比:杯子。
Chandler:Oh good, because uh we got Rachel 800 gallons of water.
钱德勒:那好,因为我们替瑞秋准备了800加仑的水。
Ross:Seriously that's a lot of cups.
罗斯:老实说,可以装很多杯。
Phoebe:Yeah well, that's 'cause Monica put me in charge of cups and ice, and Monica is gonna rue 1 the day that she put me in charge of cups and ice.
菲比:是莫妮卡叫我分管杯子和冰块,我要让她后悔莫及。
Chandler:Y'know I rued 2 the day once…didn't get a whole lot else done.
钱德勒:我曾因为她交代的事没做完而后悔莫及。
Phoebe:Okay, time to bring up the rest of the cups. Oh, hi Joey!
菲比:好,我去把剩余的杯子也拿来。
Joey:Hey Pheebs! Hey!
乔伊:嗨,菲比,嗨!
Ross:Hey!
罗斯:嗨!
Joey:Ross good, I'm uh glad you're here. I wanna talk to you about something.
乔伊:罗斯,很高兴你在这,我想跟你谈谈。
Ross:What's up?
罗斯:怎么了?
Joey:Well, I've been thinking about this whole commercial thing, y'know me going up against Ben, the two of us competing, and that can't lead to anything good.
乔伊:我一直在想逛逛的事我和本,我们两人竞争,谁赢了都不会开心。
So, I think I'm just gonna step aside. I'm gonna tell them that I won't audition 3.
我想退出,我会告诉他们,我不去试镜了。
Ross:Wow, uh, Joey that's-that's great. Thanks man.
罗斯:哇,乔伊,那太好了,谢谢你,伙计。
Joey:That's it? You're-you're gonna let me do this?!
乔伊:什么?你竟…你竟忍心让我退出?
This-this is my career we're talking about here!
我们讨论的是可是我的事业!
- You'll rue having failed in the examination.你会悔恨考试失败。
- You're going to rue this the longest day that you live.你要终身悔恨不尽呢。