影视剧中的职场美语 第80期:金字招牌
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Lynette:I ran into someone last week who said you guys were looking to hire. Is that true?
莱内特:上个星期我遇到了一个人说你们正在招聘,是真的吗?
Natalie:Yeah. Are you thinking of coming back? Because say the word,then I…
娜塔莉:是的,你有没有想过回来工作?你只要想回来,我就…
Lynette:No, no, not me. I was actually thinking more about Tom.
莱内特:不不不,不是我,我想的是汤姆。
Natalie:Oh, Tom?
娜塔莉:汤姆?
Lynette:Yeah, he's been thinking about making a move for a while.
莱内特:他一直想换份工作。
He kind of feels like he's done everything he can where he is now.
他觉得在现在这个岗位上,没什么好做的了。
Natalie:Huh. Well, Tom's certainly solid.
娜塔莉:啊,汤姆是很可靠。
Lynette:He's more then solid, Tom's ideas are spectacular.
莱内特:他不仅可靠,而且想法还高人一筹。
He's passionate 1 about his work. His visual instincts are off the chart.
他对工作充满热情,他的眼界超出常人。
Natalie:Is he as good as you?
娜塔莉:他和你一样优秀?
Lynette:He's apples, I'm oranges, we excel in different areas.
莱内特:就好像他是苹果,而我是橘子,我们擅长的领域不同。
Trust me, you should give Tom a look.
相信我,你应该见见他。
Natalie:I don't need apples. I need someone like you. Cut throat. Ruthless.
娜塔莉:我不需要苹果,我需要像你这样的人。一针见血,铁面无情。
Lynette:Geez, Nat, you make me feel like some kind of shark.
莱内特:天哪,纳特。你说的我跟鲨鱼差不多了。
Ah, okay. You know, actually, if that's the kind of exec you're looking for...
啊,好的,事实上,如果你想要那种主管。
Natalie:You'd get a shark for me?
娜塔莉:你那里有这种鲨鱼?
Lynette:Yes, a very pretty shark.
莱内特:是的,非常好的鲨鱼。
- He is said to be the most passionate man.据说他是最有激情的人。
- He is very passionate about the project.他对那个项目非常热心。