影视剧中的职场美语 第87期:签订合同
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
Yaniv:Some people think it's strange I have a contract for my exercise class. But I want people to understand the commitment 1 I expect from them.
亚尼夫:有人会觉得上我的运动课需要签合同很奇怪,但我要大家明白,我期望大家兑现承诺。
I found in the past.
过去我发现…
Gabrielle:Here you go. All signed.
加百列:行了,都签好了。
Yaniv:You didn't even read it.
亚尼夫:合同你连读都没读。
Gabrielle:Oh, no need. I'm up for anything.
加百列:噢,不需要,我什么苦都能吃。
Although I did just get a manicure, so nothing that might chip a nail.
但我刚修了指甲,所以凡是要削指甲的都不行。
Yaniv:Mrs. Solis...Let me tell you what I learn in the Israeli army.
亚尼夫:索利斯太太,让我告诉你我在以色列军队里学到了什么。
A group without commitment is a group that will fail.
没有承诺的队伍必败无疑。
The women in my morning class are committed.
我早班里的女学员都是发过誓的。
I am starting to think that you are not tough enough.
我觉得你还不够坚强。
Gabrielle:Not tough enough? Let me tell you something, Mr.Iraqi army guy.
加百列:不够坚强?我跟你说,伊拉克大兵。
Yaniv:Israeli.
亚尼夫:是以色列。
Gabrielle:Whatever. I used to be a model, and you don't know what war is until you've been in a dressing 2 room with a bunch of size zeroes reaching for the last rice cake.
加百列:管他呢。我曾是一名模特,和一群只穿零号码衣服,只吃一块糕点的姑娘们同处一室,我会不知道什么是战争?
I am plenty tough.
我够坚强了。
Yaniv:I'm not so sure.
亚尼夫:那可不一定。
Gabrielle:Hey, I know some of those women in your exercise class.
加百列:我认识你训练班的女学员。
The most exercise they ever get is cutting a piece of cake.
她们的训练无非是切蛋糕这么简单。
Yaniv:That's a lap!
亚尼夫:罚跑一圈!
Gabrielle:Excuse me?
加百列:什么!
Yaniv:In the contract.
亚尼夫:合同里写了的。
There are certain words I do not tolerate-"cake," "tired," "can't," "doughnut."
某些词我是不能容忍的。蛋糕,累,做不到和油炸圈。
If I hear them, you owe me a lap.
要是让我听见了,罚跑一圈。
- The builder had a commitment to finish the work on time.那个承建商答应过准时完工。
- He made a commitment to pay the rent on time.他保证按时付房租。