影视剧中的职场美语 第131期:劝说放弃
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
英语课
What do you want, Don? I got customers.
你到底想要什么,唐?我还有顾客等着呢。
Look, back in the days, when you worked with the company...
听着,以前你和公司同流合污的时候…
Well, for the company. I did economic forecasts of their operations.
是为公司效力。我只是对他们的行动进行经济预测。
I mean, I wasn't one of the guys...
我是说,我和他们不是一类人。
But you had access.
但是你有通行证。
Come on, the last time I helped you, the only thing I got out of it was plastic surgery and a $100,000 pay cut.
得了吧,上次我帮了你,我的下场就是整形手术,外加薪水少了10万美元。
You know, so either you buy one of these exceptional 1 family cars, with above average gas mileage 2, or you leave me the hell alone.
所以,要么你买一辆大马力的顶级豪华车,要么你就滚蛋。
I know about Scylla. And I'm going after it.
我知道锡拉,并且我正在追查。
You know, I knew you were crazy. I didn't know you were stupid, too.
我知道你是个疯子,我不知道你还很傻。
Well, let,s just say I was able to get my hands on it.
我只能说我有能力插手这件事。
It's my understanding that Scylla could only be used if it's plugged into a decoder box that's hidden in one of the company facilities.Am I right?
我是这样理解的,只有将锡拉插进解码器里才有用,而这个解码器就在公司里,对吗?
You know, I wish I could help, but I can't.
你知道的,我真的想帮忙,但是我不能。
No, you are helping 3, Jasper.
不,你正在帮忙,贾斯珀。
Just a matter of whether you do it before or after I shame you in front of your coworkers here.
问题在于,是在我在你同事面前揭穿你之前或者之后,
Tell me where the company keeps the box, Jasper.
告诉我解码器在哪。
Could be anywhere. I don't know.
可能在任何地方,我不知道。
Somebody does. Right? Somebody that you might have access to.
有人知道,不是吗?那些你能联系到的人。
1 exceptional
adj.优越的,杰出的,例外的,独特的,异常的
- He is a man of exceptional talent.他是位具有非凡才能的人。
- He showed exceptional musical ability.他显示出特殊的音乐才能。
标签:
职场美语