影视剧中的职场美语 第125期:表达不满
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:影视剧中的职场美语
英语课
You know what I'm going to do? I am going to sit here and just let them stew 1.
你知道我要做什么?我要坐在这就让他们受煎熬。
No,no,no. You know,they have suffered enough. Everybody's suffered enough.
不不不,你知道,他们已经受够了。每个人都受够了,
The thing is, you're going to have to offer him a face-saving way out of this.
问题是你得要给他一个顾 全面子的方式来解决。
How?
怎么办?
Say you're sorry.
你去道歉。
Oh,no. Mrs.Mary Cooper didn't raise her son liars 2.
哦,不!玛丽库珀夫人没教她儿子怎么撒谎。
Okay. Um…How about this? You know how you're always trying to learn about sarcasm 3?
好吧,呃…这样好不好?你知道一直以来你是如何努力学习讽刺人的吗?
No.. No?
不知道。不知道?
I was being sarcastic 4.
我刚才那是反讽。
Oh. Good for you. So all you have to do here is say you're sorry to Leonard,but say it sarcastically 5.
噢,真有你的,所以你当下必须要做的是对莱纳德讲你很抱歉,但以讽刺的语气讲。
Of course. He will hear it as an attempt to mend fences as opposed to the withering 6 condemnation 7. You and I will know it to be.
对哦,他听到会以为是试图改善关系与极具讽刺性的谈责刚好相反,而只有你和 我才知道。
Yeah. Yeah, that was my plan. All right. Come on Let'sgo.
没错,是的,我就是这个意思。好的,我们赶快走吧。
Tomorrow I'm going to fly to L.A., meet with Tom Cruise and have tea with Oprah in the afternoon.
明天我要飞去洛杉矶,跟阿汤哥见个面,下午再跟奥普拉喝个茶。
I've had it. You've got to stop bragging 8.
我受够了,你别在这儿炫耀了。
I've had it with the boss. I am going to quit right this minute.
我受够这个老板了。我现在就去跟他说我辞职。
Good for you!
好样的!
重点讲解
That's enough.
I've had it.
脾气再好的人都有被逼急的时候,如果一而再再而三地忍让,对方仍不罢休的时候,就要来一句:I've had it.在这里it并没有实际的意思,可以理解为指代不管什么令人讨厌的东西或者事情。有时老外也会说:I've had it with all your excuses.或者I've had enough of that.
1 stew
n.炖汤,焖,烦恼;v.炖汤,焖,忧虑
- The stew must be boiled up before serving.炖肉必须煮熟才能上桌。
- There's no need to get in a stew.没有必要烦恼。
2 liars
说谎者( liar的名词复数 )
- The greatest liars talk most of themselves. 最爱自吹自擂的人是最大的说谎者。
- Honest boys despise lies and liars. 诚实的孩子鄙视谎言和说谎者。
3 sarcasm
n.讥讽,讽刺,嘲弄,反话 (adj.sarcastic)
- His sarcasm hurt her feelings.他的讽刺伤害了她的感情。
- She was given to using bitter sarcasm.她惯于用尖酸刻薄语言挖苦人。
4 sarcastic
adj.讥讽的,讽刺的,嘲弄的
- I squashed him with a sarcastic remark.我说了一句讽刺的话把他给镇住了。
- She poked fun at people's shortcomings with sarcastic remarks.她冷嘲热讽地拿别人的缺点开玩笑。
5 sarcastically
adv.挖苦地,讽刺地
- 'What a surprise!' Caroline murmured sarcastically.“太神奇了!”卡罗琳轻声挖苦道。
- Pierce mocked her and bowed sarcastically. 皮尔斯嘲笑她,讽刺地鞠了一躬。
6 withering
使人畏缩的,使人害羞的,使人难堪的
- She gave him a withering look. 她极其蔑视地看了他一眼。
- The grass is gradually dried-up and withering and pallen leaves. 草渐渐干枯、枯萎并落叶。
7 condemnation
n.谴责; 定罪
- There was widespread condemnation of the invasion. 那次侵略遭到了人们普遍的谴责。
- The jury's condemnation was a shock to the suspect. 陪审团宣告有罪使嫌疑犯大为震惊。
标签:
职场美语