迷你对话学地道口语第56期:兜圈子
时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语
迷你对话:
A:I wonder if I can aske you a question.
我能问你一个问题吗?
B:Ask me a question? What do you want to know?
问我个问题?你想知道什么?
A:Well... er... it is just... just that I...
这个...... 呃...... 就是...... 就是我......
B:Just what? Stopbeating around the bush. Tell me what you want to know.
就是什么?别兜圈子了。告诉我想知道些什么。
A:I... er... I just want to know if you could lend me a few bucks 1.
我...... 呃....... 我就是想知道你能借点钱给我吗?
B:Lend you a few bucks? No way! Still remember the money you borrowed me last time?
借钱给你?没门!你还记得上次借钱的事情吗?
A:Yeah. But I...
记得。但是我......
地道表达:beat around the bush
讲解:该习语意思是“说话兜圈子”或“说话拐弯抹角”。其中beat指“敲打”或“收索”,bush是“灌木丛”,beat aroud是“四处闲逛”“四处奔走”。那么beat aroung the bush字面意思就是“在灌木丛里走来去搜索东西”,这个是需要时间的。因此beat around the bush就比喻为:说话拐弯抹角,说话兜圈子。
支持范例:
Eg.He beat around the bush for a half hour without coming to the point.
他东拉西扯地谈了半小时,也没说到点子上。
Eg.You don't have to beat around the bush. Just tell me what the problem is so I can fix it.
你不必跟我兜圈子。直接说出你的问题,我好解决。
Eg.Let's be frank 2 and don't beat around the bush.
让我们开诚布公,不要绕圈子了。
Eg.He would not answer yes or no, but beat around the bush.
他不直接回答是或不是,而是兜圈子。
视野拓展:
beat aournd the bush也可以说成是beat about the bush.
Eg.Instead of answering my question he began to beat about the bush.
他不回答我的问题,反而开始绕起圈子来。
Eg.Don't beat about the bush. Please come to the point.
说话不要绕圈子, 请直说吧。
Eg.Why should you beat about the bush when asking for better wages?
你要求加薪又何必拐弯抹角呢?
Eg.Get straight to the point. Don't beat about the bush.
有话直说, 别跟我捉迷藏。
Eg.He beat about the bush for half an hour without coming to the point.
他不着正题,绕了半小时的弯子。