时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语


英语课

  迷你对话:

A:Please tell us the exact time when the big fire broke out.

请告诉我们大火发生的确切时间。

B:The exact time? Let me think. You know, it happened at night.

确切时间?让我想一想。你知道,火灾是晚上发生的。

A:But we need the exact time. What time?

但我们需要具体时间,那是几点钟。

B:Oh, I remember. It was about 10 o'clock. When I was about to go to bed, suddenly I heard "help" outside.

噢,我想起来了。那时大约10点钟。当我正准备上床睡觉时,突然听到门外有人喊“救命”。

地道表达:

break out

小编讲解:

突发的事件常令人措手不及,而突然出现在脸上,身上的东西也会叫人不知如何是好,出现在脸上的一般是指青春痘或是红疹之类的,它们通常是生活失常或紧张的情绪下产生的。短语break out包括的范围有两种:一种是指“突发的战争,争论,打架等”,另一种则是指“突然出现的青春痘等”。

支持范例:

Eg.He predicted that war would break out in the next few years.

他预言战争将在下几年中爆发。

Eg.A huge forest fire broke out after the lightning struck.

闪电打下来之后,突然引起一场森林大火。

Eg.I break out in a rash 1 if I eat chocolate.

我一吃巧克力, 就出皮疹。

Eg.The thought made him break out in a cold sweat.

这么一想,他轰的一下冒了汗!

Eg.This made me break out in a cold sweat.

这吓得我出了一身冷汗。

词海拾贝:

1.be about to do something:正准备去做某事

Eg.She was about to dish up when some guests came.

她刚要上菜开饭,这时来了一些客人。

Eg.As she was about to speak, I frowned 2 her down.

她刚要开口,我就皱皱眉示意她别出声。

2.at night:在深夜

Eg.He warned me against going there at night.

他警告我晚上不要到那去。

Eg.They decided 3 to attack at night.

他们决定夜晚进攻。

Eg.It is a bad habit to sit up late at night.

熬夜是个坏习惯。

3.go to bed:去睡觉,就寝

Eg.I shall have a hot bath and go to bed.

我要去洗个热水澡,然后睡觉。

Eg.There is nothing to do, so I may as well go to bed.

没什么事可做,我还是上床睡觉好了。

4.exact time:确切时间

5.big fire:大火



1 rash
adj.轻率的;n.(皮)疹,爆发的一连串
  • My skin has broken out in an itchy rash.我的皮肤上突然长出一片让人发痒的皮疹。
  • Don't be rash in making your decision.别轻率做出决定。
2 frowned
皱眉( frown的过去式和过去分词 )
  • She frowned in puzzlement. 她迷惑地蹙着眉。
  • The mother frowned when her son failed in his exam. 儿子考试不及格时,母亲皱着眉。
3 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
  • This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
  • There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
标签: 地道口语 对话