时间:2018-12-26 作者:英语课 分类:迷你对话学地道口语


英语课

  迷你对话:

A:You seem to like her very much, don't you?

你好像很喜欢她,是不是?

B:I can't deny that. She is so beautiful that I fell in love with her at the first sight. I wish I knew more about her.

我承认。我对他一见钟情,我希望我能多了解她的一些情况。

A:But I heard that she had a three-year-old girl.

我听说她有个三岁大的女孩。

B:I cannot belive that. It must becooked upby someone.

我不相信。一定是被人捏造出来的。

词海拾贝:

1.fall in love with:和......坠入爱河

Eg. It is strange that he should fall in love with such a snobbish 1 girl.

说来真怪,他居然与那位高傲的女孩子坠入情网。

Eg. It is natural that he should fall in love with such a beautiful girl.

他爱上那位美丽的姑娘是很自然的事。

Eg. That no one is perfect until you fall in love with them.

只有当你爱上一个人时,才会觉得他是完美的。(所谓情人眼里出西施。)

Eg. Why do you always gaze on her with rapture 2? Do you fall in love with her?

你为什么总丢了魂似地注视着她?莫非你爱上她了吗?

2.at the first sight:第一眼

Eg. At the first sight the boy did not impress them favorably.

这小伙子给他们的头一个印象就不顺眼。

Eg. I began to like bamboo at the first sight of it.

我一看竹子就喜欢了它。

Eg. At the first sight Paul and Anna changed eyes.

保罗和安娜初次见面就互送秋波。

Eg. I do not believe in the myth of love at the first sight.

我不相信一见钟情的说法。

3.know more about:对......知道得多

Eg. His object of studying English is to know more about England and the English people.

他学习英语的目的是更多地了解英国和英国人民。

Eg. I am sure you would like to know more about it.

我相信您一定想知道详情。

Eg. Let's hold that question in abeyance 3 until we know more about it.

在对这个问题了解不太多之前,我们还是把它搁一搁吧。

Eg. I'd like to know more about your products.

我想多了解一下你们的产品。

4.cook up:编造,捏造

Eg. You put me on the spot, I have to cook up a story this time.

你把我拖下水,这回我要找借口了。

Eg. If the police catch us shall we be able to cook up a story.

如果警察抓住我们,我们能编造出借口吗?

Eg. They are trying to cook up an excuse to implement 4 their proposal.

他们正在努力编造一个理由好实行他们的计划。



1 snobbish
adj.势利的,谄上欺下的
  • She's much too snobbish to stay at that plain hotel.她很势利,不愿住在那个普通旅馆。
  • I'd expected her to be snobbish but she was warm and friendly.我原以为她会非常势利,但她却非常热情和友好。
2 rapture
n.狂喜;全神贯注;着迷;v.使狂喜
  • His speech was received with rapture by his supporters.他的演说受到支持者们的热烈欢迎。
  • In the midst of his rapture,he was interrupted by his father.他正欢天喜地,被他父亲打断了。
3 abeyance
n.搁置,缓办,中止,产权未定
  • The question is in abeyance until we know more about it.问题暂时搁置,直到我们了解更多有关情况再行研究。
  • The law was held in abeyance for well over twenty years.这项法律被搁置了二十多年。
4 implement
n.(pl.)工具,器具;vt.实行,实施,执行
  • Don't undertake a project unless you can implement it.不要承担一项计划,除非你能完成这项计划。
  • The best implement for digging a garden is a spade.在花园里挖土的最好工具是铁锹。
标签: 地道口语 对话