TED演讲:在垃圾之城创造50栋建筑的彩绘(4)
时间:2018-12-18 作者:英语课 分类:TED演讲设计篇
英语课
At the beginning of the project, I numbered all those buildings on my sketch 1, 项目初期,我在我的设计稿上给所有的这些建筑编了号
and there was no real interaction 2 with the community. 但这些并没有真正的与社区产生互动
People didn't get the point of all this. 人们并没有在这一点上参与进来
But fast enough, those building numbers became family names. 但很快,这些建筑的代号变为了家庭的名字
The first building was the house of Uncle Ibrahim. 第一个建筑是易卜拉欣叔叔的房子
Uncle Ibrahim is such an enthusiastic person. 易卜拉欣叔叔是一个非常热情的人
He was always singing and making jokes, 他爱唱歌,开玩笑
and his daughters and sons saved me from his bull 4 who wanted to attack me on the fourth floor. 是他的儿子和女儿帮我躲过了他在四楼的公牛的攻击
Actually, the bull saw me from the window and came out on the balcony 5. Yeah. 事实上,那只牛从窗户看见我后走到了阳台。是的
Uncle Ibrahim was always hanging out on the balcony and talking to me while I was painting. 易卜拉欣叔叔总是在阳台上散步,当我在喷绘时他会和我聊天
I remember him saying that he didn't go to the mountain for 10 years, and that he never takes a day off. 我记得他跟我说他已经10年没去过山上了,他一天都没有歇息过
He said that if he stopped working, who will stop the garbage? 他说如果他停止工作,这些垃圾要谁来清理呢?
But surprisingly, at the end of the project, he came all the way to the mountain to look at the piece. 但惊讶的是,在项目结束后,他来到了山上去看整个的作品
He was really proud to see his house painted, 当他看到他的房子被添加了色彩,他感到非常的自豪
and he said that this project was a project of peace and -- sorry -- Thank you. 他说这个项目是和平与--抱歉--谢谢。
He said that it was a project of peace and unity 3 and that it brought people together. 他说,这是一个和平与团结的工程,它把所有人凝聚到了一起
1 sketch
n.草图;梗概;素描;v.素描;概述
- My sister often goes into the country to sketch. 我姐姐常到乡间去写生。
- I will send you a slight sketch of the house.我将给你寄去房屋的草图。
2 interaction
n.交流;相互作用,相互影响,合作
- The interaction of the two groups produced many good ideas.两个组的相互交流产生了许多好主意。
- Price is determined through the interaction of demand and supply.价格在供需的相互作用中形成。
3 unity
n.团结,联合,统一;和睦,协调
- When we speak of unity,we do not mean unprincipled peace.所谓团结,并非一团和气。
- We must strengthen our unity in the face of powerful enemies.大敌当前,我们必须加强团结。
标签:
TED演讲