赖世雄观光英语通72:抵达斯德哥尔摩
时间:2018-12-09 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。
Arriving in Stockholm
抵达斯德哥尔摩
After shopping, Kathy and Evan check out of their hostel 1 in Copenhagen, and take their rental 2 car on the ferry to Stockholm, the capital and largest city of Sweden.
逛完街后,凯西和艾凡办理哥本哈根青年旅社退房手续,然后开着租来的车上了前往瑞典最大城市,也是该国首都斯德哥尔摩的渡轮。
K:That was exciting! I'd never been on a ferry before.
凯西:真刺激!我以前从没搭过渡轮。
E:Sure you had. The Staten Island Ferry, remember? Also the ferry to the Statue of Liberty.
艾凡:你当然搭过。斯塔顿岛渡轮,记得吗?还有到自由女神像的渡轮。
K:Yeah, but those were old, small, and slow. This was really a big ship!Oh, boy! I really had a good time on it. And now we're here in our last European city, Stockholm. So far, it looks a lot like Copenhagen.
凯西:有是有,但是那些渡轮又老旧、又小又慢。这艘渡轮简直是艘大船!哦,天啊!搭这趟渡轮的感觉真好。现在是我们欧洲之旅的最后一个城市斯德哥尔摩。到目前为止,我觉得它和哥本哈根很像。
E:I guess all European cities have some similarities, just as American cities do. I still can't get over all the historic architecture here. All the churches, forts, and museums.
艾凡:正如美国的城市一样,我想欧洲所有的城市也都有些相同点。看到这么多具历史意义的建筑我仍禁不住心头的讶异。到处是教堂、城堡和博物馆。
K:Have we decided 3 on a hostel here yet?
凯西:我们决定住这里哪家旅社了吗?
E:Yep. I checked with the last hostel and they all recommended the same one near the city center.
艾凡:决定了。我问过上次的那家旅社,而他们都推荐市中心附近的同一家旅社。
K:Great! It certainly is conveniently located.
凯西:太好了!那里交通的确便利。
E:And cheap! Oh, get me the guidebook for Sweden out of the glove compartment 4, Kathy.
艾凡:而且便宜!哦,凯西,帮我把车内杂物柜里的瑞典地图拿出来。
K:Sure, here you go.
凯西:好的,喏,给你。
E:Thanks. I want to check the map of Stockholm.
艾凡:谢谢。我想看看斯德哥尔摩的地图。
单词短语精讲:
1. Stockholm 斯德哥尔摩(瑞典首都)
2.similarity 相似点,类似点
3 .can't get over...很惊奇……(= he amazed at...;无法克服……的伤痛(= be overwhelmed by...)
例:I can't get oven it. I won the million-dollar lottenv!
(我想都没想到我赢得厂白万彩券!)
1lnlene can't get oven the death of hen twin brother.
(阿琳无法克服她双胞胎兄弟去世的伤痛。)
4. architecture 建筑(不可数)
5. yep (理)是的(= yes )
1 hostel
n.(学生)宿舍,招待所
- I lived in a hostel while I was a student.我求学期间住在青年招待所里。
- He says he's staying at a Youth Hostel.他说他现住在一家青年招待所。
2 rental
n.租赁,出租,出租业
- The yearly rental of her house is 2400 yuan.她这房子年租金是2400元。
- We can organise car rental from Chicago O'Hare Airport.我们可以安排提供从芝加哥奥黑尔机场出发的租车服务。
3 decided
adj.决定了的,坚决的;明显的,明确的
- This gave them a decided advantage over their opponents.这使他们比对手具有明显的优势。
- There is a decided difference between British and Chinese way of greeting.英国人和中国人打招呼的方式有很明显的区别。
4 compartment
n.卧车包房,隔间;分隔的空间
- We were glad to have the whole compartment to ourselves.真高兴,整个客车隔间由我们独享。
- The batteries are safely enclosed in a watertight compartment.电池被安全地置于一个防水的隔间里。
标签:
赖世雄