赖世雄观光英语通65:畅游第凡尼
时间:2018-12-09 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
赖世雄旅游观光英语通教你学会观光旅游的各种对话、句子。
Out on the Town
畅游第凡尼
Kathy and Evan decide to visit the famous Tivoli Gardens. Kathy stops at a sidewalk 1 cafe 2 to ask a local directions.
凯西和艾凡决定参观著名的第凡尼乐园。凯西停在路边一家小餐馆,向一名当地人问路。
K:Excuse me, sir, but is this the way to Tivoli Gardens?
凯西:先生,打扰一下,这是到第凡尼乐园的路吗?
L:That's right, miss. Just keep on this street about four blocks 3 and you can't miss it.
路人:没错,小姐。只要沿这条街继续走四个街区左右就到了,你一定找得到的。
K:Thanks. You're so lucky to live in such a lovely city, sir.
凯西:谢谢。先生,你能住在这么迷人的城市里真是幸运。
L:Thank you! All we Danes love the Tivoli Gardens and our way of life here in Denmark.
路人:谢谢!我们丹麦人都很喜爱第凡尼乐园和丹麦的生活方式。
K:I notice how happy everyone seems here, and how well dressed everyone is.
凯西:我注意到这里每个人好象都很快乐,而且衣着也很体面。
L:We Danes work hard, but we also know when to play. That's why there are so many parks in this city.
路人:我们丹麦人工作勤奋,但也知道何时该玩乐。这就是本市有这么多公园的原因。
K:My boyfriend 4 and I just have to visit Tivoli while here.
凯西:我和我男朋友在这里时一定得参观第凡尼。
L:Tivoli is the most famous, but you can find plenty of other parks and interesting sites 5 to visit here.
路人:第凡尼是最著名的地方,但在哥本哈根,你们仍可以发现许多其它的公园和有趣的地方可以参观。
K:Maybe we'll visit them. May I ask what you're eating?
凯西:也许我们都会去参观一下。可以请问你在吃什么吗?
L:This is a Danish 6 sausage. And this is Carlsberg, our famous beer.
路人:这是丹麦香肠。这是我们丹麦著名的卡尔斯堡啤酒。
K:By the way, your English is excellent.
凯西:哦,对了,你的英语说得很棒。
L:Most Danes know two or three languages. English is very popular here. Have a nice stay, young lady!
路人:大多数的丹麦人都懂两、三种语言。英语在这里很普遍。希望你在这里玩得很愉快,小姐!
K:Thanks very much, sir. I already am.
凯西:非常谢谢你,先生。我已经很愉快了。
单词短语精讲:
1 .out on the town 狂欢
paint the town red尽情狂欢作乐
例:A:I heat Barry finally graduated from college.
B:Yeah.Let's take him out on the town tonight to celebrate!
A:OK,but what do you want to dog
B:It doesn't matter. We、an go to pubs,movies,beer houses
We'll just paint the town red.
(甲:我听说巴里大学终于毕业了。)
(乙:没错。咱们今晚带他去狂欢庆祝吧!)
(甲:没问题,你想做什么?)
(乙:什么事都可以。我们可以去酒吧、看电影、去啤酒屋…J清狂欢就行了。)
2. local 当地人;本地人&a.当地的;本地的
3. You can't miss it.你一定找得到的。
miss 原指“错过”。
例:A:Excuse me,but can you tell me where the local post office is?
B:Sure,ladv. Just keel, walking down this street two blocks. It's just before you come to the },ank. You can't miss it.
(甲:抱歉,打扰一下,你能告诉我木地的邮局在哪里吗,!)
(乙:没问题,小姐。只要沿着这条路继续走两个街区,邮局就在你到
公园前的地方。你一定找得到的。)
1 sidewalk
n.人行道;(=pavement)(英)
- I happened to meet him on the sidewalk.我碰巧在人行道上碰到他。
- I found a wallet on the sidewalk.我在人行道上发现一个钱包。
2 cafe
n.小餐馆;咖啡厅
- I always go to the cafe to have a rest.我经常去那家咖啡馆休息。
- Is there a cafe near by?请问附近有没有咖啡店?
3 blocks
n.赛跑者起跑时脚底所撑的木块;阻挡( block的名词复数 );(吗啡)块(一立方吗啡的量度,每盎司吗啡约有125块);(印度的行政单位)区;[美国英语] 街区(4条街道当中的区域)v.堵塞( block的第三人称单数 );阻碍;设计(电视录像的摄像镜头布局);[球类](合法)阻挡(对手)
- Single words are the building blocks of language. 单词是语言结构的基本单位。
- The old houses were dwarfed by the huge new tower blocks. 这些旧房子在新建的高楼大厦的映衬下显得十分矮小。
4 boyfriend
n.男朋友
- The girl was so angry that she hung up on her boyfriend.那姑娘一气之下挂断了男朋友的电话。
- My boyfriend gathered some beautiful flowers for me. 我的男朋友为我采来一些美丽的花。
标签:
赖世雄