赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第48期:清理垃圾
时间:2019-03-18 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
CleaningUp
清理垃圾
Kathy and Evan return from their long walk back to their picnic site.
凯西和艾凡散步好一阵子后便回到他们的野餐地点。
E:That was refreshing 1. I'm ready to take on the road again.
艾凡:真是令人神清气爽。我准备好再度上路了。
K:Are we late? Do we have enough time to make it to Bremen today?
凯西:我们迟了吗?今天我们有足够的时间到达不来梅吗?
E:No problem. It's 3:00 p.m. now so I estimate it will take us about three more hours to hit Bremen. We can have dinner and then find a motel. We can luxuriate for a change.
艾凡:没问题。现在是下午三点,所以我估计,到不来梅我们大约要再开三个小时的车。我们可以在那里吃完晚餐后再找一家汽车旅馆。我们可以换个方式奢侈一下。
K:In a motel?
凯西:住汽车旅馆?
E:"Beggars can't be choosers." We can't afford to stay in a Holiday Inn or a Hilton; that's for sure!
艾凡:“人在屋檐下,焉得不低头。”我们住不起假日旅馆或希尔顿饭店,这点是确定的。
K:Yeah, OK. But first let's take care of our picnic spot. We left a lot of junk here.
凯西:嗯,好吧。但是,咱们还是先来清理一下野餐地点吧。我们留了一大堆垃圾在这里。
E:I'll shake out the towel, and you can put away the leftovers 2.
艾凡:我来把大毛巾抖一抖,你可以收拾吃剩的东西。
K:There aren't any leftovers! You ate everything.
凯西:没有任何吃剩的东西!你把所有的东西都吃光了。
E:We ate everything.
艾凡:是我们把东西都吃光了。
K:Look! There's a trash can over there by the side of the road. We can put our trash in it.
凯西:瞧!路边那儿有一个垃圾桶。我们可以把垃圾丢到那个垃圾桶去。
E:Great. Then we don't have to carry it with us.
艾凡:太好了。那我们就不用自己带着这些垃圾了。
K:OK. I think that's everything. Let's leave this place the way we found it.
凯西:好了。我想就这样了。咱们就让这个地方保持我们发现它时的样子吧。
E:Kathy, I like your style.
艾凡:凯西,我喜欢你的风格。
K:You're not too bad yourself, Evan.
凯西:艾凡,你自己也不差呀。
单词短语精讲:
1. refreshing 恢复精神的,神清气爽的
例:Aftermany hours of hand work,Julian tooka nefi-eshinn walk to clean his
(朱利安在辛苦工作好儿个钟头后,去散个步清神醒脑。)
2. I' m ready to take on the road again.
=I'm neadv to go back to driving.
我准备好再度上路了。
3. make it to+地方名词到达某地
例:We made it to the station just before the train left.
(我们就在火车离开前到达车站。)
4. estimate 估计
例:Paula estimated that they would need 25 tables for their weddir
(葆拉估计他们的婚宴得开25桌。)
5. motel 汽车旅馆
6. luxuriate 过奢侈的生活
luxurious 3 奢侈的;豪华的
例:Our cat catfield likes to luxuriate on the couch in the winter.
(我们的加菲猫在冬天喜欢舒服地窝在沙发上。)
That rich man's home is so luxurious!
(那个有钱人的家真是豪华!)
7. for a change换个方式,作个改变
例:It rained all last week but today is sunny for。change.
(上个礼拜都在下山,今天天气变得很晴朗。)
adj.使精神振作的,使人清爽的,使人喜欢的
- I find it'so refreshing to work with young people in this department.我发现和这一部门的青年一起工作令人精神振奋。
- The water was cold and wonderfully refreshing.水很涼,特别解乏提神。
n.剩余物,残留物,剩菜
- He can do miracles with a few kitchen leftovers.他能用厨房里几样剩饭做出一顿美餐。
- She made supper from leftovers she had thrown together.她用吃剩的食物拼凑成一顿晚饭。