赖世雄旅游观光英语通 第56期:山穷水尽,柳暗花明
时间:2019-03-18 作者:英语课 分类:赖世雄旅游观光英语通
英语课
Once Lost,Now Found
山穷水尽,柳暗花明
After breakfast the next morning, Kathy and Evan say goodbye to Gertrude and her mother and take their leave.
第二天早餐后,凯西和艾凡向葛楚德和她妈妈道别并且启程离开。
K: They were sweet. Everyone is so friendly here so far.
凯西:她们真是好心。到目前为止,这里每个人都很友善。
E: I can't believe our luck. Even our "bad" luck turns into good luck!
艾凡:我真不敢相信我们运气会这么好。连我们的“坏”运竟也成了好运!
K: The route 1 Gertrude suggested is sure pretty. There ar e so many farms along the way. So many trees, ponds, rivers.
凯西:葛楚德建议的路线,风景的确很美。沿途有这么多农场,这么多树木、池塘、河流。
E: And castles. You can notice some of them on the tops of the hills. Many of them are ruins, but you can sense that Germany has a lot of history.
艾凡:还有城堡。你可以看到山顶上的一些城堡。许多城堡已成废墟,但是你可以感受到德国有丰富的历史。
K: Uh-oh. What if the people on the border to Denmark don't speak English?
凯西:糟了。如果丹麦边界上的人不会说英语怎么办呢?
E: Don't be silly. Nearly everyone here in northern Europe speaks some English. Of course, the customs 2 officers must know some English.
艾凡:别傻了。在北欧这里几乎每个人都会讲一点英语。海关官员一定会懂一些英语的。
K: I hope so. I'm part Danish, but I don't know any Danish.
凯西:希望如此。我有部分丹麦血统,但我不会说丹麦语。
E: Like me. I'm part Dutch 3, but I don't know any Dutch.
艾凡:跟我一样。我有部分荷兰血统,但我不会说荷语。
K: Maybe we should learn a foreign language.
凯西:也许我们应该学一种外语。
E: I think you're right. But I would want to learn German. And you?
艾凡:我想你说得对。我想学德语。你呢?
K: Japanese. I love Japanese food!
凯西:日语。我喜欢日本料理!
单词短语精讲:
1.so far 到目前为止
例:Carh promised us that he would finish his work on time_but so far he hasn't
(贾斯答应我们他会准时做完他的工作,但是到目前为止,他还没有做
完。)
2. turn into…转变成……
例:It was raining this morninn,but it's turned into a fine day after lunch trme.
(今早下山,但在z{几餐时间过后,天气转晴厂。)
3 . ruin 废墟(常用复数形)&此破坏
例:The Ire left their beloved 4 home in nothinn but ruins.
(那场火灾烧得他们心爱的家尽毁成厂废墟。)
The ants,mosquitoes and bees ruined our
family's picnic.
(蚂蚁、蚊子和蜜蜂破坏厂我们家的野餐。)
4. sense 意识到
例:Ron's horse sensed danger and stopped.
(罗恩的马意识到有危险而停厂下来。)
n.路径,途径,路线;vt.确定路线,按规定路线发送
- On the way home, we took an indirect route.回家的路上,我们绕了一个大圈。
- The plane did not fly the usual commercial route.飞机没有沿通常的商业航线飞。
n.海关,关税
- The customs officials turned the man over to the French police.海关官员把那个人移交给了法国警察。
- They are collecting customs.他们正在收缴关税。
adj.荷兰(人)的;荷兰语(或文化)的;n.[the~]荷兰人;荷兰语
- The British and Dutch belong to the same race.英国人和荷兰人是同一种族。
- Do you know anyone who speaks Dutch?你认识会讲荷兰语的人吗?