英国语文第一册 第46期:东南西北
时间:2019-03-05 作者:英语课 分类:英国语文第一册
英语课
LESSON 46 NORTH, SOUTH, EAST, WEST 第四十六课 东南西北
What o'clock is it, Henry? It is twelve o'clock. It is noon 1. Henry,现在什么时间?十二点,正值中午。
Come to the garden then. Now, where is the sun? 来到花园,现在,太阳在哪儿呢?
Turn your face towards 2 him. Look at the sun. That is South. 脸朝向太阳,看着它的方向就是南。
Always when it is twelve o'clock, and you look at the sun, your face is towards the South. 十二点的时候你看着太阳,你面向的方向就是南。
Now look at your left hand. Look forward 3. That is East. 现在转向你左手方向前看,就是东。
In the morning, when it is going 4 to be light, you must look just there, and you will see the sun get up. 早上,天开始亮的时候,你朝着东边看,就会看到太阳升起。
Always in the morning look there for the sun; for the sun rises 5 in the East. 东边总是在早上你面向太阳的方向,因为太阳从东边升起。
Now turn your back to the sun. Look straight 6 forward. That is North. 现在背朝太阳。向前看的方向就是北。
Now turn to your left hand. Look forward. That is West. 现在转向左手边,向前看的方向就是西。
When it is going to be night, look for the sun just there. 当夜幕降临太阳的方向就是那里。
He is always there when he goes down; for the sun sets 7 in the West. 西方总是在太阳落下的方向因为太阳从西方落下。
North, South, East, West. 北、南、东、西
"WASTE 8 NOT, WANT NOT." 没有浪费就没有奢望
I must not throw upon 9 the floor 我一定不会再往地板上扔,
The crust 10 I cannot eat; 我不吃的面包皮了;
For many a hungry little one would 11 think it quite a treat 12. 对很多饱受饥饿的人来说那也是一种美味。
'Tis "wilful 13 waste brings woful want," 任意的浪费会带来不幸的贫穷,
And I may live to say, 我为了生存可能会说,
"Oh, how I wish I had 14 the bread,which once I threw away!" “我多么希望我能拥有我曾经扔掉的每一片面包!”
n.中午,正午;最高点;全盛期
- She often read newspaper at noon.她常在中午看报。
- I'll be back before noon.我会在正午之前回来。
prep.朝,向,致力于,有助于,对于;大约,将近
- The house will be ready towards the end of the year.这房子在年底以前可以造好。
- He is friendly towards me.他对我友好。
adj.向前的,早的,迅速的,前锋;v.转交,促进,运送;adv.向前地
- Please move your car forward.请你把汽车住前开。
- Please forward my mail to me.请把我的邮件转寄给我。
n.去,离去,地面(或道路)的状况,工作情况;(复数形式)goings: 行为;adj.进行中的,流行的,现存的
- We're going to listen to a report this afternoon. 今天下午我们要去听报告。
- He hates leaving the office and going on holiday.他不愿离开办公室去度假。
v.起义( rise的第三人称单数 );升起;(数量)增加;休会
- the inflationary effects of price rises 物价上涨引起的通货膨胀
- The industry is feeling the effects of recent price rises. 这一行业已经感觉到了最近提价的影响。
adv.一直;直接;adj.直的,笔直的;正值的
- His hair is dark and straight.他是黑色直头发。
- Just go straight forward and you'll find the post office.邮局就在前边。
n.凝固( set的名词复数 );(一)套;布景;集v.放( set的第三人称单数 );安插;树立;安排
- There is reasonable concordance between the two sets of results. 两组结果之间有着合理的一致。
- There is a contradiction between the two sets of figures. 这两组数据相互矛盾。
v.浪费;滥用
- Ah!This is a waste of time!啊,真是浪费时间!
- If you give her money,she'll only waste it.如果你把这笔钱给她,她只会把它浪费掉。
prep.在……上面
- I hope that fortune may smile upon you.我希望幸运之神会向你微笑。
- I rely upon you to finish the work on time.我相信你会准时完成这项工作的。
n.(一片)面包皮,硬外皮,外壳;地壳
- This article focuses on radiation present in the earth crust.本文重点介绍源自地壳的辐射。
- Earth quakes can result from stresses in the earth's crust.地壳内的应力可能引起地震。
aux.will的过去式;愿,要;常常;大概;将要,会
- Why would you say that?为什么你会这么说?
- Would you please help me?你能帮帮我吗?
n.宴请,款待,请客;vt.视为,对待,论述,治疗,款待;vi.交涉,谈判,协商,款待,作东
- As you treat me,so will I treat you.我将象你对待我那样对待你。
- We had better treat it as a joke.我们最好把它当作玩笑。
adj.任性的,故意的
- A wilful fault has no excuse and deserves no pardon.不能宽恕故意犯下的错误。
- He later accused reporters of wilful distortion and bias.他后来指责记者有意歪曲事实并带有偏见。