英国语文第一册 第42期:贪玩的男孩儿
时间:2019-03-05 作者:英语课 分类:英国语文第一册
英语课
LESSON 42 THE BOY THAT LIKED PLAY 第四十二课 贪玩的男孩
They had not gone far when they saw a dog lying by the road-side; and the boy said,"May I not play with the dog? For it seems to have nothing to do." 他们没走多远就看到一只狗躺在路边,小男孩说道,"我可以和狗玩耍吗?他看上去无事可做。"
Just then a man gave a loud whistle 1. 小男孩话音刚落响起了一声男人的口哨。
The dog started up at once, and ran off to help him with the sheep he was driving to the market. 这只狗立刻起身跑过去帮主人把羊赶到市场上去。
Still further on, the boy saw a horse eating, and said, "It can have nothing to do, so I shall go and play with it." 又走了一段路,小男孩看到一只马正在吃东西,就说"它好像无事可做,所以我可以过去和它一起玩耍。"
But as he went forward, a man went up with a halter, which he put on the horse's head. 正当小男孩要过去时一个人拿着一条缰绳走了过去,他把缰绳套在了马头上。
As he did so, he said to the boy,"My little fellow, my horse must plough 2 and harrow my fields. 正如他所做的一样,他对男孩说道,"我的小伙伴,我的马必须要去耕地。
I must have oats and barley 3 and wheat to grind 4 and sell, that I may get money." 我要打磨燕麦、大麦和小麦去卖从而赚些钱。
Then, when the boy saw that every bee and bird and beast had something to do, he said to his sister,"Well, I shall go to school and learn my lessons." 然后这个男孩看到所有的蜜蜂、鸟儿、家兽都有事情做,他于是对姐姐说"我要去上学学习课程去了。"
"When I get home, mother win allow me a good long time for play with the other boys, before I go to bed." "这样我到家后,妈妈就会允许在我睡前让我和其他的小孩玩好长时间了。"
Saying this, he ran off to school; and his sister was glad to get away to do her own errands 5. 说着这些,他跑去了学校,他姐姐也高兴的离开去做自己的差事去了。
n.口哨,汽笛,啸啸声,口哨声;vi. 吹口哨,鸣汽笛,发嘘嘘声;vt.用口哨通知
- We heard the whistle of a train.我们听到了火车的汽笛声。
- He gave a loud whistle of surprise.他吹了一声响亮的口哨表示惊讶。
n.犁,耕地;vi.用犁耕田,开路;vt.耕,犁,开路
- Farmers plough in autumn or spring.农民在秋天或春天犁田。
- If we plough on until it's dark,we should get this field finished.如果我们一直犁到天黑,就可以把这块地犁完了。
n.大麦,大麦粒
- They looked out across the fields of waving barley.他们朝田里望去,只见大麦随风摇摆。
- He cropped several acres with barley.他种了几英亩大麦。
n.(常贬义)用功的学生,书呆子;vt.磨,磨碎
- Would you please grind a pound of coffee for me? 请给我磨一磅咖啡好吗?
- Do you find learning English a grind?你觉得学英语是一件苦差事吗?