英语PK台 第288期:有朋自远方来 机场接人
英语课
Dialogue
Mark: Hey! Long time no see! Thanks so much for picking me up!
马克:嘿!好久不见!非常感谢你来接我!
Jingjing: No problem! Your plane was a little late coming in. You must be beat!
京晶:客气什么!你的飞机晚点了一会儿,你一定累了吧!
Mark: I'm fine, I chugged a bunch 1 of coffee on the plane, so now I'm wired.
马克:我没事,我在飞机上灌了很多咖啡,所以现在特别精神。
Jingjing: So? How was your trip? Tell me all about it.
京晶:你的旅途怎么样?好好给我讲讲。
Mark: I had a great time. It was really nice to see my family. I just wish that I could have stayed a little longer.
马克:非常好。我真的很高兴能见到我的家人。我只希望我能留久一点就好了。
Jingjing: Well, you know what they say:all good things must come to an end. You should just be happy that you even got to go on vacation at all. I've been working here the past month, lucky you!
京晶:嗯,你知道人们经常说的:一切美好的事物都会有尽头。你应该高兴的是,你至少还能回去度个假。我这一个月来一直在工作,你够幸运的啦!
Mark: That's true! Oh, I almost forgot, I got a present for you while I was in America. Here you go, hope you like it!
马克:这倒是真的!哦,我差点儿忘了,我从美国给你带了一个礼物。给,希望你喜欢!
Jingjing: Thanks… but what is it?
京晶:谢谢……但这是什么?
Mark: It's a voodoo doll.
马克:这是一个巫毒娃娃。
Jingjing: A what doll?
京晶:一个什么娃娃?
Mark: A voodoo doll. I bought it in New Orleans where voodoo is heavily practiced. This doll will bring you luck and protection 2. I hope it works 3!
马克:一个巫毒娃娃。我在新奥尔良买的,那里巫术很盛行。这个娃娃会给你带来好运和保护。我希望它真的能起作用!
Jingjing: Cool, I love it! I hope you didn't spend too much money on it?
京晶:酷,我喜欢!你没有花太多钱吧?
Mark: Nah, in New Orleans they're a dime 4 a dozen.
马克:没有,在新奥尔良它们很不值钱。
Jingjing: Okay, that's good. Let's hit the road now. We should get back home before the sun goes down.
京晶:好吧,那就好。我们走吧。我们应该赶在太阳下山之前回家。
Mark: Let's go.
马克:好的。
New words for dialogue:
beat=累; 筋疲力尽的
chug (a drink)=灌(饮料),指很快喝完某种饮料没有停下来休息过,一饮而尽
wired=\[形容词\]相其兴奋的
All good things must come to an end.=一切美好的事物都会有尽头,天下无不散的筵席。
voodoo doll=巫毒娃娃,起源于路易斯安那州新奥尔良市,给持有者带来积极的影响,如爱情、财富、好运和健康。
a dime a dozen=常见而便宜的东西
hit the road=离开;出发
Dialogue
(Jingjing and Mark have arrived at Mark's house.)
(京晶和马克已经到了马克家。)
Mark: Well, we finally made it.Thanks again for the ride, Jingjing.
马克:哦,我们终于到了。再次感谢你来接我,京晶。
Jingjing: Don't mention it.
京晶:别客气啦。
Mark: By the way, can I give you some gas money?
马克:对了,我付你一些油钱吧?
Jingjing: Don't worry about it. Just take me to the airport next month when I go to see my parents and we'll be even.
京晶:不用啦。我下个月要回家看我父母,去机场时你送我就好啦,那样我们就扯平啦。
Mark: Okay, cool. Hey, why don't you come in and drink a glass of lemonade with me before you go home? It's the least I could do for you.
马克:好吧。嘿,不如你进来喝一杯柠檬水再回家吧?让我至少为你做点儿事。
Jingjing: That sounds like it will hit the spot! It seems like this heat wave will never end! Hey, while we're at it how about we watch a DVD too?
京晶:正合我意!天气也太热了,感觉这股热浪好像永远不会结束了似的!嘿,我们一边喝柠檬汁,一边看个DVD怎么样?
Mark: I'd love to, but I have to wake up at the crack 5 of dawn tomorrow to go to work.
马克:我也想,但明天一大早我就要去工作。
Jingjing: Really? Geez, I never knew you were such an early bird.
京晶:真的吗?天啊,我从来不知道你是个早鸟。
Mark: Yup… Don't you wake up early to go to work too?
马克:是啊……你不用早起去上班吗?
Jingjing: Not as early as you. I'm more of a night owl 6. I like staying up late and working on my computer.
京晶:没有你早。我其实是个夜猫子。我喜欢熬夜在我的电脑上工作。
Mark: Oh… Well, let's go inside and get that ice cold glass of lemonade that's waiting for us!
马克:哦……好吧,我们赶紧进去吧,冰冰爽爽的柠檬水在等着我们呢!
Jingjing: Good idea!
京晶:好主意!
New words for dialogue:
beat=累; 筋疲力尽的
chug (a drink)=灌(饮料),指很快喝完某种饮料没有停下来休息过,一饮而尽
wired=\[形容词\]相其兴奋的
All good things must come to an end.=一切美好的事物都会有尽头,天下无不散的筵席。
voodoo doll=巫毒娃娃,起源于路易斯安那州新奥尔良市,给持有者带来积极的影响,如爱情、财富、好运和健康。
a dime a dozen=常见而便宜的东西
hit the road=离开;出发
n.串,束;群,帮
- A bunch of girls was[were] sitting on the grass.一群女孩坐在草地上。
- I received a bunch of flowers yesterday.昨天我收到了一束鲜花。
n.保护,防卫,保护制度
- The protection of the country is the duty of everyone.保卫国家是每个人的责任。
- The young in our society need care and protection.我们社会的年轻人需要关怀和照顾。
n.作品,著作;工厂,活动部件,机件
- We expect writers to produce more and better works.我们期望作家们写出更多更好的作品。
- The novel is regarded as one of the classic works.这篇小说被公认为是最优秀的作品之一。
n.(指美国、加拿大的钱币)一角
- A dime is a tenth of a dollar.一角银币是十分之一美元。
- The liberty torch is on the back of the dime.自由火炬在一角硬币的反面。
vi.发破裂声;噼啪地响;vt./vi.(使)开裂;破裂;n.裂缝,缝隙;爆裂声,破裂声,劈啪声
- There's a crack in this cup.这个杯子上有个裂缝。
- There's a crack on the underneath of the bowl.碗底有一道裂缝。
标签:
英语PK台