时间:2019-02-13 作者:英语课 分类:美国语文第五册


英语课

   (Act I, Scene II. Hamlet alone in a room, of the castle. Enter Horatio, Marcellus, and Bernardo.) (第一幕,第二场。哈姆雷特单独在城堡一间屋内。霍瑞修、马塞勒斯与勃那多同上)


  Horatio says: Hail, to your lordship!  霍瑞修说:向您致敬,陛下!
  Hamlet says: I am glad to see you well: Horatio,—or I do forgot myself.  哈姆雷特说:你身体很好,见到你很高兴。你是霍瑞修?或许我记忆有误。
  The same, my lord, and your poor servant ever.  没错,陛下,正是您谦卑的仆人。
  Sir, my good friend; I'll change that name with you:  不,我的好朋友,我倒希望与你不受地位名分之拘。
  And what make you from Wittenberg, Horatio?—Macellus?  霍瑞修,你怎么从威登堡回来了?马塞勒斯呢?
  Marcellus says: My good lord—I am very glad to see you. (To Bernardo.) Good even, sir. 马塞勒斯说:在,陛下——(对勃那多)见到你真高兴,晚上好,朋友,
  But what, in faith, make you from Wittenberg?  不过,坦诚地说来,你为何要离开威登堡?
  Horatio says: A truant 1 disposition 2, good my lord.  霍瑞修说:不过开开小差而已,尊贵的陛下。
  I would not hear your enemy say so, Nor shall you do mine ear that violence, To make it truster of your own report Against yourself:  但愿你的仇家不要用这样借口来搪塞,你也别用这样话来刺我,你的言不由衷只会使你愈发尴尬,
  I knew you are no truant.  我知道,你本不是闲散懒惰之徒,
  But what is your affair in Elsinore? We'll teach you to drink deep ere you depart.  可你来埃尔西诺有何公干?这么说来,在你动身之前,我们真该和你好好地喝上几杯。
  My lord, I came to see your father's funeral.  陛下,我来参加您父王的葬礼。
  I pray thee, do not mock me, follow-student; I think it was to see my mother's wedding. 拜托,请别取笑,小伙子,恐怕你是来参加我母后的婚礼吧?
  Indeed, my lord, it followed hard upon.  当然,陛下,这两桩事确实前后相近。
  Thrift 3, thrift, Horatio! the funeral baked meats Did coldly furnish forth 4 the marriage tables.  霍瑞修!从葬礼上撤下的杯羹残酒,再度款待参加婚宴的八方宾客,这可真够节俭便捷。
  Would I had met my dearest foe 5 in heaven Or ever I had seen that day, Horatio!  我宁可与此生血海深仇的仇家相遇天堂,亦不愿亲眼看着那个日子来临,霍瑞修!

n.懒惰鬼,旷课者;adj.偷懒的,旷课的,游荡的;v.偷懒,旷课
  • I found the truant throwing stones in the river.我发现那个逃课的学生在往河里扔石子。
  • Children who play truant from school are unimaginative.逃学的孩子们都缺乏想像力。
n.性情,性格;意向,倾向;排列,部署
  • He has made a good disposition of his property.他已对财产作了妥善处理。
  • He has a cheerful disposition.他性情开朗。
adj.节约,节俭;n.节俭,节约
  • He has the virtues of thrift and hard work.他具备节俭和勤奋的美德。
  • His thrift and industry speak well for his future.他的节俭和勤勉预示着他美好的未来。
adv.向前;向外,往外
  • The wind moved the trees gently back and forth.风吹得树轻轻地来回摇晃。
  • He gave forth a series of works in rapid succession.他很快连续发表了一系列的作品。
n.敌人,仇敌
  • He knew that Karl could be an implacable foe.他明白卡尔可能会成为他的死敌。
  • A friend is a friend;a foe is a foe;one must be clearly distinguished from the other.敌是敌,友是友,必须分清界限。